Hoshiumi Kōrai

Details: Fluff

(Y/N) is a second year at Kamomedai High and the manager of the boys volleyball team. The reason why she was the manager was because she has always loved volleyball. However, she didn't have any of the skills or talent to play on the girls volleyball team and thought that being a manger would be the next best thing.

Originally, she wanted to be the manager for the girls volleyball team when she entered high school. But a boy in her class, Hoshiumi Kōrai, convinced her otherwise. She didn't really understand why he insisted that she become the manager of the boys volleyball team. But, she heard that they had a pretty good reputation so she knew that the volleyballs would always be fun to watch.

When she officially became the manager, Hoshiumi would always walk with her to the gym after school. Whenever she told him that it wasn't necessary for him to walk with her to the gym he would always say that he only did it because they were in the same class so it was just convenient. However, (Y/N) noticed that he still walks with her after school. Even though they are now in two different classes.

(Y/N) didn't really mind though because she enjoyed his company and liked watching him talk about volleyball. She thought it was especially cute how he would light up whenever he talked about becoming the next little giant.

Currently, (Y/N) was packing up her stuff while Hoshiumi was talking to her about the upcoming Spring Tournament and his experience at the All-Japan Youth Training Camp.

(Y/N): Okay. I'm all done packing. We can head to the gym now.

Hoshiumi nodded and then continued talking as the two of them began to walk.

Hoshiumi: There was this one kid that got on my nerves while I was at the training camp.

(Y/N): Who?

Hoshiumi: Kageyama. He's a setter from Karasuno.

(Y/N): Why did he get on your nerves?

Hoshiumi: Because he didn't make any reaction when he saw me play!

(Y/N) started to chuckle.

Hoshiumi: I'm serious!

(Y/N): I'm sorry he didn't have the reaction you were looking for. But, I think you should let it go.

Hoshiumi: Weren't you surprised when you saw me play the first time?

(Y/N): Of course. I think you're one of the best players on the team.

Hoshiumi lightly blushed at (Y/N)'s comment.

Hoshiumi: I-I know I'm one of the best. In fact, I am the best.

(Y/N): Yeah, yeah.

Eventually, they made it the locker room to get changed and then to the gym. When they got to the gym, everyone was already there and warming up.

Hirugami: Thanks for showing up.

Hoshiumi: Shut up.

(Y/N): We're not even late. We got here 5 minutes before practice officially starts.

Hirugami shrugged at (Y/N)'s comment and continued warming up. (Y/N) started to walk over to the coach to ask what needed to be done, but Hoshiumi grabbed her arm.

Hoshiumi: I-I need to ask you something after practice, that alright with you-u?

(Y/N) looked at Hoshiumi and noticed that he wasn't really keeping eye contact with her. Nor was his talking like his usual self.

(Y/N): Uhh, sure. It's nothing bad though, right?

Hoshiumi: I don't think so. But I don't know about you...

(Y/N): What do you mean by tha-

Hoshiumi: Well! I better start warming up with the rest of the guys!

(Y/N): Okay?

Throughout volleyball practice, (Y/N) felt like Hoshiumi was avoiding her every chance he got. Even when she tried offering him some water or showing him the notes she took on his spikes or receives like she usually does, he would just brush her off or give her one worded responses.

(Y/N): Hey Hirugami, can I ask you question?

Hirugami: Sure.

(Y/N): Why is Hoshiumi avoiding me?

Hirugami: Did anything bad happen?

(Y/N): I don't think so. He just asked me if he could ask me something after practice and then started acting weird.

Hirugami looked at (Y/N) and then started laughing to himself.

(Y/N): Hey! What's so funny?

Hirugami: Don't worry about it.

(Y/N): Bu-

Hirugami: After practice, you'll understand why he's acting like this.

Hirugami then walked away.

(Y/N): What a weird guy.

After practice was done, (Y/N) helped clean up the gym, went to the locker room to change, and then waited at the front of the school for Hoshiumi.

Hoshiumi: Hey! I hope you weren't waiting to long.

(Y/N): Now you want to talk to me? Why were you ignoring me all throughout practice?

Hoshiumi: I'm sorry but listen, I was just nervous.

(Y/N): Nervous about what?

Hoshiumi: About the thing I had to ask you.

(Y/N) sighed.

(Y/N): Just spit out.

Hoshiumi: Can we first walk a little bit. I don't want the other guys to hear us.

(Y/N): Fine.

After a couple of minutes of walking in silence, (Y/N) turned to Hoshiumi.

(Y/N): We're away from everybody else now so you can ask your question.

Hoshiumi: Okay...

Hoshiumi took a deep breath in.

Hoshiumi: Ireallylikeyouandwantedtoaskifyouwouldbemygirlfriend.

(Y/N) stared at him blankly.

(Y/N): I need to ask me again, but slower.

Hoshiumi: I really like you and wanted to ask if you would be my girlfriend.

(Y/N) could feel her cheeks start to heat up.

(Y/N): Uhh...I...Umm....what? Yes, no, yes?

Hoshiumi: Is that a yes or no?

(Y/N): I mean...I don't mind being your girlfriend...

Hoshiumi: So yes?

(Y/N) looked at him and noticed that he was practically smiling ear to ear.

(Y/N): Yes...

Hoshiumi jumped up in the air and started to yell out of happiness and excitement.

(Y/N): Would you calm down! You're going to disrupt the entire neighborhood!

Hoshiumi: My bad. I'm just happy.

(Y/N): I can tell.

Hoshiumi: Well, now that I got that out of the way. Let me walk you home and you tell me how your day went. Okay?

(Y/N) smiled at him.

(Y/N): Sure.