Chapter 6: Date Night

The rest of the week flew by and before I knew it, I was in my room while Dana and Edith helped me pick out my outfit. 

Well, Edith helped. Dana just complained about how much he didn't like him and how he better not try anything or he would break his face. I didn't doubt him either but I tried to calm him down.

"It's just one date Dana. It's not like I'm getting married to the guy." I said while rummaging through my closet. I pulled out a black skirt that was longer in the back and showed it to Edith. She frowned while showing me a black dress with cut out sides. I took it and threw it on the bed as an option.

"I know, I'm just saying that I get a bad vibe and you should too." His eyes widened, "No, you are not wearing this. Too much skin and its cold outside. We don't need him getting any ideas about warming you up." He said while taking the dress I just threw on the bed and tossing it back to Edith who rolled her eyes.

All at once I had the perfect outfit in mind. I searched the back of my closet until I found my tall black boots with my white knee high socks. I pulled out a pair of black jeans and found a thick white sweater. I then pulled out my black motorcycle jacket and a black beanie. I showed everything to Edith who squealed and told me to go change.

After I showered and had on the outfit, Edith got to work on my makeup giving me a dark look. I put on some burgundy lipstick with it and let my hair fall in its natural curls before putting on the beanie. I looked to Dana who was a little stunned. Finally realizing that I was waiting for an approval, nodded and ran down the stairs. Edith and I shared a confused look before finishing up.

At exactly 6:30 I heard the bell ring and Dana answer it. I hurried down the stairs with Edith so see him standing at the door with a bouquet of pink peonies, my favorite. I beamed as I pushed Dana out of the way and stood in front of him. He smiled back while handing me the flowers. I moved over to let him in the door while Dana stood and glared at him. Looking to Edith for help she pulled Dana into the living room and winked at me.

"Sorry about that. He's a little over protective sometimes. Plus, I don't think he's ever been here when I had a date so it's his first time." I laughed slightly at the end.

"It's all good. You look amazing by the way." He told me as a blush formed on my cheeks. I escorted him into the living room where my parents were sitting with Dana and Edith. It seems like Dana got my dad on his side as they both were sat together on one couch waiting. I rolled my eyes at the pair of them and introduced Shawn.

"Hi honey. I'm Laura, Rachel's mother. This is my husband Wayne." She told him while getting up to shake his hand. As my dad shook his hand, he seemed impressed and nodded slightly.

"I'm gonna go put these in water. Mom can you show me where the vases are?" I asked her while nodding at Shawn. He gave me a panicked look as I smiled reassuringly at him.

My mother, Edith and I left the living room to go put the flowers in a vase while we heard my dad's voice echo through the halls. Once we were in the kitchen Edith and my mom started freaking out about the flowers.

"But they're your favorite! He didn't even know and he got it right! It's literally fate!" Edith told me while my mother nodded in agreement. I had to laugh at their behavior as I made my way back to the living room. Shawn and Dana were shaking hands and I smiled at that.

"Ready to go?" I asked him as they all turned their attention to our entrance.

"Yeah. It was nice meeting you Mr. and Mrs. Lindsey and you too Dana. Tomorrow right?" Shawn asked Dana while Edith and I shared a look. What was happening tomorrow?

"Yeah bro. Have her back by ten though and I mean it. I'll be here when you get back Rae." He told me while we headed to the door. I nodded knowing that he and Edith would be here to hear about what happened.