Chapter 9: 99

We all piled into the car, the gaming long forgotten as we all prepared for the massive amounts of crowds that would be waiting for us. We all piled into Dana's car and tried to get comfortable. Gabe was driving because he said he wanted to live tonight and Cole was sat in the passenger seat leaving the rest of us to sit in the backseat. It wouldn't have been that bad if I wasn't forced to sit on Dana's lap and he insisted on shifting his position every couple of minutes.

"Dana I swear if you move again I will literally rip you in half." I told him calmly as he moved again for the thousandth time. The mall was only about thirty minutes and we still had about ten left but I was getting more annoyed as time went on.

The rest of the guys just laughed at my comment while continuing with their own conversations. Dana cleared his throat and nodded a little letting me know my threat was heard loud and clear. I turned back around in my seat and listened to Will and David talk about food until I felt it again. My head swung around to face his guilty look as he opened his mouth to apologize.

"Why are you so uncomfortable with me on you? Am I too heavy?" My voice wavered, "Oh my gosh that's it! I'm so sorry Dana I didn't even think about that! Wow, I'm so inconsiderate. Maybe I should sit on like Will's or something until we get there." I rushed out, my eyes wide in realization.

"Rae what the hell are you on? You're not heavy at all I just... I'm sorry I won't move anymore just you know stay. I promise it's not you." He told me, helpless as to how to answer my question. I just shook my head and put my headphones in. What was I supposed to make of that?

I was about to close my eyes when I saw Gabe looking at me from the rearview mirror. Catching his eye, he looked away and took a quick glance at Cole who nodded slightly. I swear, these boys and their coded language is the most annoying thing ever.

Cole turned around and looked to Dana who started a conversation with them. Not wanting to eavesdrop, I let them speak and turned my music up. I was just in the middle of the chorus of Silver by The Neighbourhood when we finally stopped.

After everyone had gotten out of the car, we separated into groups. It was already twelve thirty so there were people everywhere. While we were at my house we devised a plan so that we could get all our shopping done for everyone. For the two hours we will be in groups of three and then the rest of the time we'll just pair up. I was in a group with Dana and David first so we all headed into the mall, Dana immediately running into the first clothing store we saw. David just rolled his eyes and followed him in. After a little searching, I found them in front of a wall of jeans, both of them holding up the same pair of black jeans. They looked to be skinny jeans and had a hole in the knee. Shrugging slightly, Dana threw them across his shoulder and continued his search.

"Guys I'm gonna go and shop for myself for a little while in the women's section. Just call my phone or come find me when you're ready." I told them before making my way over to where the sweaters were lined up on a rack. Quickly spotting a Minnie Mouse printed on one, I checked the sizes and squealed in delight. It was perfect for Edith, who seemed to have an obsession with the mouse character.

I was shopping for about twenty minutes before David finally decided to come over and find me. He had bags in his left hand and told me that Dana was paying for his things already. Picking up the many pairs of jeans, sweaters, and the two pairs of boots that I had to basically fight for we made our way to where the cashiers were waiting. Abruptly, I made a stop as I assessed the length of the lines. Each one had at least twenty people in them each and all twelve were open. Sighing I made my way to the end of the one closest to us and looked around for Dana.

After waiting for another ten minutes, I was finally next in line and could not be more relieved. Don't get me wrong, it definitely went quickly, especially after Dana showed up and told us about the funny old woman at the register. I was just a slightly impatient person and this was getting annoying. We had already been at the mall for forty minutes and had only hit one store. If I was being honest, I only wanted to spend more time with Dana but I knew that I probably wouldn't see him until we had pairs.