Chapter 14: Parental Guidance

Mack called me and asked me if I could work tomorrow soon after, so I was in the bedroom packing my things. I had planned to stay for another two days but I would rather get there from home than have Dana pick me up even though he offered.

"Why do you have to leave now though?" Dana asked me for the hundredth time as I was placing my presents in the largest bag I had received. I ignored his question again as I continued my packing. I could tell his was getting frustrated with me but I already told him my reason.

I turned back around to see him taking all of my clothes out of my bag and putting them on the bed. I shook my head at him. He was acting like he would never see me again when I know that he would appear at Mack's sometime tomorrow.

"Put them back Dana, please? I have to go home now but I will see you tomorrow." I tried to console him. It seemed to work as he started putting the clothes back in the bag. Once we were both done, he grabbed my gifts from my hands and took them downstairs. I trailed behind slowly, watching the muscles in his arm appear as he effortlessly carried them. Shaking my head, I came back to my senses and went to say goodbye to everyone.

After I was done, I found Dana already in the car waiting. The heat was on thankfully and he started the drive to my house. I wasn't sure if he was mad at me or not and making my mind up that he couldn't be that upset, placed my hand on his. I saw him smile a little while maintaining focus on the road and sat content.

Grabbing my bags from the backseat, I quickly gave Dana a goodbye hug and got out of the car. I heard another door close after mine and stood at a loss while watching him come closer to me. My bags immediately found their way to the ground as he took hold of my waist, pulling me in for a kiss.

"I love being able to do that whenever." He told me, his forehead still resting against mine while I stood dazed staring into his captivating eyes. We stood like that, our eyes locked and his hands on my waist until we heard my front door open.

"As much as I like you Dana, it's time my daughter and I had a talk." My dad called from the doorway, staring pointedly at the both of us until we broke apart. I giggled at the wink he sent me and picked my bags back up before heading towards my father.

When I stepped inside, I was captured in a hug that had me even more confused. My dad had made it seem like he was upset at us and now my mom was hugging me?

"Finally! Do you know how long Joni and I had been waiting for you two to get together! Since you first met and we all had that big dinner together! My baby's growing up!" She said half screaming, her voice becoming more like a cry on the end as she hugged me tighter. I turned toward my dad, pleading with my eyes for him to get her off of me.

"Okay babe. I know your happy but we still need to have a talk with our little sunray before anything continues." He told my mother, prying her death grip off before leading her to the couch. I silently prayed that this wouldn't be as awkward as I felt it would be and followed them to sit on the chair opposite them.

"You are my daughter and I love you. When I say I love you, I truly mean it and I want you to know that means that I want what's best for you. Honestly, we have all been waiting for you and Dana to get your shit together, excuse my language, however we do not want to have anything hurting you both from chasing your dreams. It is difficult to date when you both are going to be so far away from each other and things happen. I'm not saying this to change your opinion on him because we can all see that you love him, I just want you to take all things into consideration before you make any irrational decisions. Okay?" My dad gave me his little speech.

What he was saying was true but the only thing I could actually think about was the fact that Dana and I are not an actual couple. I mean he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend and we had only just kissed for the first time less than twenty-four hours ago. We haven't even gone on a date for heaven's sake!