03. Creatures

[name] shivered slightly as they stood in the courtyard, right behind the entrance/exit of the school. They were informed by the Stone Wizard, Himejima Gyomei, who was also the teacher for magical creatures to head out and wait for him there. [name] always remembered him to be a gentle giant whenever she walks past him in the hallway of the school.

It was often that the weather around the school was gloomy as stated by the headmaster, and that the students would have to get used to it. A strong gust of wind blew once more and [name] started to shiver slightly. She then noticed Mitsuri and Shinobu walking up to her, shivering as well and soon they huddled together.

"[name]!" and [name] looked up and saw Kyojuro opening his arms. She smiled and immediately ran into his arms as he enveloped her into a tight hug, giving her much of his body warmth that she was grateful for.

A simple gesture that he had always done when they got closer.

Sanemi and Obanai then scowled in response to what Kyojuro was doing, despite them freezing their limbs off as well. They wanted [name] to run to them instead. They then noticed each other stepping forward, only to back down and glare at one another.

"Fucking hell, I told you to back off already," Sanemi spat out and Obanai rolled his heterochromia eyes at how Sanemi was acting.

"You do realize that fighting isn't going to make [name] comfortable with you," Giyuu commented and almost immediately was he grabbed by the collar of his shirt.

"Shut the fuck up, this has got nothing to do with you!" they both spat out and Giyuu could look at them with emotionless dark blue hues. Laughter was heard as they looked and realized Mitsuri and Shinobu had joined in the hug with [name] who was hugging Kyojuro, all they wanted was warmth.

"I apologize for being late," a voice called out and everybody turned as Himejima soon appeared with his hands together as always. He then smiled as he looked around, and soon noticed [name]. His eyes widened slightly at her form, and only a smile was in place.

"Shall we go?" he asked, and they nodded in agreement. Tengen immediately did a stupid thing, hoping that [name] would be comfortable with him as soon as possible, he lifted her up over his shoulders and carried her. Her eyes widened and she started to cry, being carried by an unfamiliar feeling and she tried to reach out to Kyojuro.

"Kyojuro!" she cried out, and Kyojuro immediately kicked Tengen on the back.

Her eyes were half opened as she looked down, realizing she was being carried on a shoulder. She watched as blood dripped down from her head, staining the snow-covered pavement that she was being brought upon.

"Where are we going...?" she whispered out, a little weak. There wasn't any answer as he continued to walk down the path. The next thing she knew, she was thrown down in the middle of the pavement. Laying on her side as blood continued to pour out of her wounds, she looked at him weakly.

"Where are you going...?" she whispered out, only to have him turning her back against her as he walked away. She then tried to reach out to him, and the people around them soon started to turn a blind eye to her condition.

It was a crowd. Yet, nobody came to help her.

"Dirty,"

"Kyojuro..." [name] cried out and Tengen immediately put her down and she ran to hide behind Kyojuro. Kyojuro then quickly soothed her sobs as Himejima looked to see what happened. A sad smile appeared on his lips as he noticed how [name] was like.

She soon shivered from the cold and tensed up when she felt someone standing right beside her when she was hiding behind Kyojuro. Before she could turn, she felt something slithering around her neck, and eventually, it was warm. A pat on her head was felt and she turned to look at Obanai who was staring at her with his pair of heterochromia eyes.