11. Home bound

With their rooms being shifted unknowingly by the headmaster, [name] walked out of her room only to look extremely confused with the different hallway she was in. She then turned and noticed Mitsuri was rooming beside her, and Shinobu was beside Mitsuri's.

"Eh?" Shinobu whispered out and that's when they realized that the headmaster had separated the top tier wizards away into the East side of the school.

A loud slam was heard and [name] covered her ears as she was still having a major headache, and she looked forward only to see Sanemi scowling. Upon realizing she was there, Sanemi stopped scowling and blushed slightly. Then came Obanai who had Kaburamaru wrapped around his neck and he looked sleepy as well. The moment he laid eyes upon [name], he blushed and smiled slightly.

For she was dressed in an oversized shirt that slipped off from one of her shoulders, her dark blue ocean eyes were half opened as she yawned a little. Just woken up and still tired from the lack of sleep she had.

It had been two days ever since the competition, ever since [name] broke down badly in front of them. Ever since she started to blame herself and lost most hope for herself. And finally, their opponents had returned to their school, and now the top tier wizards are finding ways to get [name] to heal.

Although she looks like she was fine, but Kyojuro knew she would be crying herself to sleep every night if nothing were to be done.

[name] then felt someone tapping her on the shoulder and she turned. She then backed away from the touch and Kyojuro frowned, even to him she decided to back away.

Just then an owl was seen flying down the hallway and [name] recognized that it was her owl for he was black and had dark blue ocean eyes like herself. She then raised her arm and her owl perched itself on her arm and soon nuzzled his head against [name]'s chin, only to stare up to her and his eyes showed nothing but sadness as he looked at [name]'s.

Empty.

"Good morning, Akane-sama," he spoke out, and [name] mumbled a soft 'good morning' back to him. He then opened his beak, only to stop when he tried to remember why he was there in the first place.

"Mission! Please had over to Oyakata-sama's office for a briefing, Akane-sama," and [name] nodded, her owl then fluttered away as she turned and enter her room once more to wash up. Soon her hair was dried thanks to the spell she had cast upon herself, and she put on her modified uniform. Her uniform was modified into a one-piece dress, with the same look but this time it was black. She then put on her coat and soon walked out of her room.

[name]'s eyes then noticed a small hand holding out an apple to her and she looked at Obanai who had done so. She then gladly accepted it and took a bite from it as she continued to walk down the hallway.

"Kage, come out," she spoke out and Kage whined a little and soon descended from the shadows and wrapped his baby form around [name]'s shoulders. She then tossed the apple to Kage to have it instead and he gladly accepted it.

"It feels like [name] is straying further away from us," Mitsuri whispered as she stood behind Obanai who nodded as he looked sadly at [name]'s retreating figure. His heart ached slightly at the way she was right now. 

Distant.

Wizards pointed and whispered as [name] walked past them, and she tried her best to not get affected by their words. Her hearing had improved a tad bit too much due to the training they had received as they had to improve their stamina now to last for long missions.

"She has the mark, right? Do you think the magic council will come for her soon?"

"I heard that as long as you have the mark, your name will appear on the execution list no matter what,"