17. Town

Every wizard present in the School of the Arcane, Kimetsu, had heard about Akane Haizaki's return, the well-known and prestigious Shadow Wizard. That's when people stopped talking about [name], for they feared for their life now. Since Haizaki was the one wizard, with the snap of his fingers, they would disintegrate and be transported to the swamps.

Those were the rumors.

And Haizaki could only chuckle at such stupid rumors of him as he walked down the hallway. He was tall, the same age as Himejima and Yoriichi. He was now appointed to be the school's caretaker and professor for magical creatures, taking Himejima's position whereas Himejima had returned to his original position, which was the stamina build up lessons. Basically, physical education.

He sat on the stone as he looked at Hydra who was dancing about in the lake, extremely happy that he was finally back to take care of her. He chuckled as he flung some fishes towards her, and eventually stopped when he sense someone nearby. He then turned and narrowed his eyes at Sanemi, who was clad in his uniform along with the personalized coat.

"What do you want?" he asked, and Sanemi gulped.

He was a little afraid, he had to admit. After all, this man before him was the well-known Shadow Wizard, as well as, the girl of his dreams' older brother.

"If it's about getting [name]'s heart, I have no intention in helping you," he spoke out and Sanemi's mouth opened slightly as he realized that Haizaki had known what he wanted.

"Obanai, you too, get out from the forest," Haizaki spoke out and Obanai's heterochromia eyes widened and soon he stepped out from behind the tree he was hiding from. Haizaki then sighed and motioned for the duo to take a seat on the stone with him as he continued to feed Hydra.

Soon strong gusts of wind were blowing about and descending from the sky was none other than Kage, Phoneix, Griffin, and Hippogriff as well. They had all arrived after knowing about Haizaki's return, and couldn't be happier to be taken care of by him once more.

Haizaki then brought his hand out and cast a spell, creating a huge feast before the mythical creatures, allowing them to feast till their hearts' content. He then turned to look at Sanemi and Obanai, and they were taken aback.

For on Haizaki's face was a soft smile instead of a glare or a scowl.

"Like I said, if it's about getting [name]'s heart, I won't help," he spoke out and then leaned back, using his hands for support as he looked up into the grey sky. The usual gloomy weather he remembers when he first attended school here.

"[name] right now, isn't capable of loving herself, what makes you think she will be able to devote herself to someone else?" he spoke out, a sad smile this time as Obanai and Sanemi looked at him.

"I don't know. I don't know why both of you are trying so hard to get her attention, but it's good seeing that there are people out there who are willing to try for [name]. Not saying that the others aren't trying, but trying in terms of loving her as a partner, not a friend, not a sister," he spoke out and then let out a heavy sigh.

"Kaigaku broke her terribly," he continued and soon looked forward to where Kage and Hydra were growling at one another. A smile appearing on his face once more as he cast another spell, allowing them to have their own fair share of food.

"I heard, he was the reason why you were in prison," Sanemi spoke out and Obanai nodded in agreement. Haizaki then chuckled as he placed a hand against his face, and a smirk appearing on his lips.

"That's right. That fucking bastard was the reason why I couldn't stay by [name]'s side and have to watch her from far," he muttered out.

"Do you mind?" Obanai asked, and Haizaki shook his head.