05. Potions

[name] sat in between Sanemi and Obanai in the headmaster's office. The students from Class 3 were present as well, for all of them were caught by the wizard guards who were on duty. But what made them confused was that they didn't see [name] going into the classroom at all.

Oyakata-sama still had on the usual buddha smile he always had as he looked at the students with his pair of lavender eyes.

He looked at the students from Class 3 who were frowning and scowling, no sense of guilt showing on their faces at all. Then he looked at the ones from Class 1, all he could see were two wizards being protective of [name] as they had their hands resting on her chair's armrest, shooting a look at the students from Class 3 who were sitting opposite of them.

"It may have seen that yesterday's fight in the morning had instigated the duel in the night, causing the students to break one of the ground rules of the school," Oyakata-sama spoke and then he looked at [name].

"As much as we need practice, breaking into a classroom and using the facilities without permission is against the rules. Even worst, having such an unfair fight between students," Oyakata-sama added on as he had heard of the number of Class 3 students going against two Class 1 students.

"[name], may I know why you are called here?" and [name]'s eyes looked at him as it widened. Was she not supposed to be here? He was the one who had requested her to come in the first place.

"I-I... B-Broke into the classroom?" [name] whispered out loud enough for Oyakata-sama, who then nodded as he smiled.

"For you, because you were worried and you had managed to stop the fight before it got worst. With that you're dismissed with just a warning, I expect better behavior from you," and [name] nodded with a small smile on her face.

"As for the rest of you, using spells to harm one another, engaging in a battle without supervision. You will need to sacrifice your days off from school and tend to the gardens together with the Herbology teacher, Kocho Kanae for this week. I will inform her of the arrangements,"

.

.

"Damn it, to be given punishment during such a period," one of the Class 3 students scowled in response and then turned to shoot a look at Sanemi, Obanai and [name]. They then turned and walked away, leaving the Class 1 students alone as they turned and walked down the hallway, heading towards their next lesson.

Obanai and Sanemi walked ahead of [name], only to feel a tug on their coats. They stopped in their tracks as they turned to look at [name] who was shyly holding onto their coats as her head was hung low.

"T-Thank you... For s-standing up for me..." she whispered out, and the two wizards could barely hear her. But knowing that she had thanked them, [name] then felt a hand on her head and it ruffled her brown locks.

She then looked up slowly and her eyes widened when she saw them smiling at her instead. Well, except for Obanai who still had a mask on his face, but [name] could tell he was smiling. Sanemi was the one who had ruffled [name] on the head.

"Don't thank us, we did it because we wanted to," he said with a kind smile and [name] nodded slowly.

"Don't apologize as well," Obanai added on as he raised a hand and gently wiped away the tears that had escaped from her eyes without knowing. He then placed his palm against her cheek and [name] unconsciously laid her cheek against his palm.

Warmth.

It felt so soothing to her. Sanemi, on the other hand, was narrowing his eyes at Obanai who had a smug look on his face as if he won something.