Chapter 40: Where Am I?

Nava's PoV

After telling the weird black smoke to leave them alone I blacked out. And now I'm in a dark place. Where is this place? I see ghosts and other deadly creatures all around the place. Am I in the Abyss? This has to be where I'm at. Nightbreeze says she goes here when she's controlled by an Evil God. I start cautiously walking around and then start running when the deadly creatures start chasing after me. There's nowhere to go that I can get away from them. They all stop chasing me and I stop running and watch them. I turn around and I see an Evil God. This has to be the Evil Queen's husband. He's the one trying to control Nightbreeze and now me. He says "It is even easier controlling you then it is her. But I will have her soon enough."

I tell him "You won't have her. And you won't have me either."

Surprisingly my enchanted weapons appear in my hands. I didn't know my weapons would appear here too. He looks surprised as well for a moment then recovers and masks his expressions. He says "If you wish to fight me you will die."

I lunge at him with my swords and he steps out of the way. A giant sword appears in his hand and he gets posed. I start swinging my swords in circles and lunge at him again. He deflects my swords and pushes me back. I stumble back a few steps then quickly regain my balance. I put my swords against his and we are pushing against each other. He's a lot stronger than me. I quickly duck down and move my swords above me. I manage to stab him in his chest. He yells out in frustration but he's not in pain. I roll away from him then stand up again. I can't win by strength but I can win by skill. I just have to be smart and cautious about how I do this. I make some lunges towards him then quickly back away, watching how he reacts. Sometimes he steps towards me, sometimes away. I slowly start walking around him in a circle and he laughs. He tells me "You're fighting a God. We can see and hear everything. You can't surprise me from attacking behind me. Give up before you get yourself killed. Give up and I will leave you."

I tell him "You really don't know me. I never give up."

"Then you will die and your friends will too."

"No they won't."

He starts putting images in my head. He's showing my group getting tortured to death. He hurts Nightbreeze the most. Why are the Gods all obsessed with her? I start blocking the images by thinking about my own memories. He suddenly stops and he quickly charges towards me. His speed throws me a good distance away. I fall down and my breath gets knocked out of me. I slowly start to stand up but he's right on top of me, shoving me down. I reach for my swords but he kicks them away. He says "Give up now or else you'll regret it. You will wish you were dead."

I'm about to respond when suddenly I'm at a house. Where am I now? I look around and I see a huge garden outside and animals all living together in peace. This has to be the Good Gods home. One of the Gods says "Welcome to our home. We made a promise to you but we had to break it. We can't let you or your friends die. Forgive us."

I'm about to turn around and respond when suddenly I'm back in the tunnel again. Ailmar looks at me very surprised and Nightbreeze looks exhausted and happy. I ask them "What are you looking at?"

Ailmar says "Your eyes are white."

I ask them "What happened?"

Ailmar doesn't say anything. He's still surprised and confused. I look at Nightbreeze and she says "It's hard to explain."

"Try me."

"The God stopped controlling me and black smoke came out after you put the Dragon scale necklace around my neck. Then it surrounded you and Ailmar. It...it went into you and your eyes turned black and your skin had the black lines too...then…"