Chapter 42: Ground Shaking

Nava's PoV

Nightbreeze has been gone for a while taking care of something. It's probably some undercover work for the Highlord Army. The ground starts shaking on and off when I'm about to suggest to go look for Nightbreeze. People start running around in confusion and fear but I'm not worried about them. I'm worried about Nightbreeze. I look down and I see the Dragon scale necklace. I quickly pick it up and start walking around and yelling her name. With the necklace being off who knows what could be happening. The others quickly follow yelling her name and looking for her. I see her stumbling out of a partially blocked off alley and her eyes are black. She has black lines slowly covering more and more of her skin. She falls to the ground and I quickly go over and put the necklace around her neck. The black lines quickly disappear and her eyes go back to normal. She falls unconscious and the ground stops shaking. The shaking couldn't have been by her. At least I don't think it could. Everyone else around us is scared and our group is trying to calm them down. Ailmar comes over and asks "Is she ok?"

I tell him "I'm not sure."

A woman comes over and says "I can watch over her. You should help the chaos going on."

I look at Ailmar because I don't know this woman and I don't trust her. Ailmar says "I'll stay with them."

The woman says "You can trust me. I won't harm her. You are all strong and can help more than I can."

I'm very suspicious of her. Why does she want us to leave her alone with Nughtbreeze? Isn't she the one Nightbreeze was talking with? I ask her, "Why are you so eager to have us leave you alone with our friend?"

"I want to help take care of her and for you all to help my people."

I look at Ailmar then I leave to go help calm everyone down. I don't trust her. She's up to something. 

*Picture at the top of the chapter is the woman*