~31: Reveal~

The click startled the spider hero, but before the trigger could be pulled, Peter's speed became a natural adversary. He managed to swivel around and knock the gun out of the fake Michelle's hands.

Now, the impersonator had been the one to be startled by the sudden actions as the removal of the gun left their hand to suffer the pain of the aftermath. The villain looked up at the web-slinger and scowled at him before morphing back to their original form. "What the f—" Peter slightly stumbled backwards at the sight, unable to express his shock. First, a man turned to sand and now another had managed to change their whole appearance to look and sound like a different person entirely. And programmable matter was only theoretical, so how was this possible? Peter's mind could barely process any of it.

"Who are you," he interrogated the imposter angrily, "What have you done with Michelle?!?" Before the mostly-faceless, metallic man could reply, Peter heard the call again.

"PETER—" Michelle's voice echoed through the pathway of mirrors, but was cut off, making her cry for help muffled and mute. He could sense the immense danger she was in and had the urge to follow the sounds, though the foe in front of him had other plans.

Just as Peter faced him fully, ready to fight him off, the suited figure leaped forward and lunged himself at the hero. Naturally, Spider-Man's instincts dodged the attack. Yet the other man came forth with more strikes and more fury. He rivaled Peter in strength and skill that the spiderling had almost faltered in his steps. However, Spider-Man finally gained the upper hand when he landed a powerful punch. Then used the new foe's misstep to send him flying back by attaching a web up the ceiling and swinging towards him with a final front kick.

Seeing that the strange villain with metamorphic abilities was down and out of sight, Peter spun on his heel towards the back exit once more and rushed on with the sole intent to save Michelle. As he exited from the back and followed the area where he'd heard her voice last, he saw that she was no longer there. The ones who'd held her hostage along with the man he'd just dueled must have taken her once again.

"MJ!" He shouted, calling her out to see if she'd made at least an attempt of an escape. Yet, still... there was nothing.

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, the word repeated in his mind, hoping to jolt his spider sense to pick up anything.

Suddenly, the world around him went silent. His spider sense was vibrating at a frequency he'd never felt before as the danger and anticipation heightened. He could hear past the harsh whistle of the wind; the metallic sound of some of the attractions in the amusement park being rustled by it; the rumbling of the clouds as they painted the sky above him grey to indicate a storm brewing; and the bustling noise of the city beyond the area, where police sirens followed from afar but still not close enough. He tried to listen further into the park for any sign of Michelle, when his spider sense tingled once more.

He let the feeling guide him, heading back through the hall of mirrors where he found the man he'd been fighting no longer there. Peter exited past the hall's entrance and the other attractions until his feet stopped at the grand, yet raggedy ferris wheel near the end of the park. He heard more metallic sounds as the attraction had lit on then began to function.

Peter's head lifted up as he watched the ride gradually rotate in a slow starting motion. He was filled with even more confusion and wonder until he noticed something through the windows inside one of the capsules. It was Michelle. The real Michelle he sensed—tied and gagged with fear present in her wide eyes and knitted brows. His senses were alarmed at the sight of her and her trepidation. With no time and plan at all, he raced forward into the Ferris wheel's entrance with the urgency to rescue his lover. He needed to get up to her, but the ride continued to spin faster than before making it hard for an accessible attachment of his webs. So, he jumped onto one of the cabins much closer and utilized his adhesive gifts, climbing onto the other moving capsules until he could reach her.