Prologue

REGRET. Yan ang tanging nararamdaman ni Serena habang nakahandusay sa gitna ng daan at naliligo sa sariling dugo.

Napalilibutan siya ng napakaraming tao ngunit ang kanyang mga mata ay nakatuon lamang sa bughaw na langit, pilit ginugunita ang nakaraan.

Napangiti siya ng mapait. She never once thought that her life will end that way—cold, alone and full of regrets.

Akala niya noon napaka-perpekto ng buhay niya. Her father dotes on her and even though her mother died early, she was blessed with a kind and loving stepmother and half sister. She has a caring best friend and she was loved by the man of her dreams.

Pero lahat ng iyon ay kasinungalingan lang pala. It turns out that it's all her delusion. After they got everything they wanted from her, they all joined hands to push her to purgatory.

Naikuyom niya ang kanyang mga kamay.

She was a fool for falling on their acts and lies.

Soon, her sight started to darken little by little. She felt that her life is slowly fading.

Ipipikit na sana niya ang kanyang mga mata nang biglang may humawak at pumisil sa kanyang nanlalamig na kamay.

Serena was startled when she felt a warm hand enclosing hers.

She immediately looked at the intertwined hands. Pagkatapos ay tinalunton niya ang pinanggalingan ng kamay na iyon, pag-angat niya ng tingin bumungad sa kanya ang kulay abong pares na mga mata.

The moment she saw those grey eyes, Serena knew exactly who that hand belongs to.

Calum Damien Villareal.

Ang lalaking kinamuhian niya ng napakaraming taon. The guy who she desperately tried to escape from.

Her eyes started to sting and hot liquid pooled in its corner when she noticed that he is also bathing in his own blood.

Kailanman hindi inakala ni Serena na ang lalaking ito ang makakasama niya sa mga huling sandali ng kanyang buhay.

She never thought that after all the pain and disappointment she gave him, he will still sacrifice his life for her and hold her hand in the last moments of her life.

Sunud-sunod na tumulo ang luha ni Serena habang nakatingin sa mga mata ni Calum. His eyes that are always so gentle and full of love while looking at her.

Throughout her life, Serena regretted a lot of things.

She regretted hurting and disappointing her loved ones, trusting and loving the wrong people and choosing all the wrong choices in her life.

But above all those, her greatest regret was Calum.

Pinagsisisihan niya lahat ng nagawa niya sa lalaki. Kung maari lang ay gusto niyang bawiin lahat ng sakit na naidulot niya dito.

At hindi niya maiwasang hilingin na sa halip na sa maling tao, sana itinuon na lang niya ang kanyang pagmamahal kay Calum na higit na karapat-dapat.

"I'm sorry." ang tanging naibulong niya bago siya tuluyang nilamon ng dilim.

Thank you for giving me warmth on the last moments of my life, Calum. If there is another chance, I am willing to do whatever necessary to return your kindness and undying love.