Chapter Eight- parents

[ Hayley's POV ]

"Jasmine, I don't think you understand. He's meeting my parents." I say, glancing at her.

"Oh I understand alright. I've been through this stage before." Jasmine says, sitting cross legged on my bed. I sigh, leaning forward on the counter. "Babe, they'll like him. I mean, he won me over. And it takes a lot to win me over. Your parents are chill. They'll like him." I raid my eyebrows at my parents being 'chill'.

"My parents are practically swimming in money, they're strict as hell, and they only approve of boys who wear tuxes and who's parents are lawers. How is that chill?" I state. She sighs, rubbing her hands over her face.

"Your parents approved of me when Nash took me to meet your parents." She says shyly.

Oh yeah, my brother and my best friend are dating. Still not used to that one.

"I don't know Jas. I mean, they're going to ask Cameron stuff about his past... He doesn't even tell me about that. How is he going to tell my parents?" I sigh. She comes up behind me.

"If it makes you feel better, if they don't approve of Cameron, I'll date you." She says sweetly, putting her chin on my tensed up shoulder. I giggle.

"Oh god, Jas. Just help me get ready you idiot." I laugh. She chuckles and walks to my closet to grab clothes.

"You're going to that nice place downtown right?" She ask over her shoulde,r skimming through my clothes. I nod.

"La Chamaparé." I say, in a quick French accent. (a/n i suck at French and im 100% sure that's NOT French so don't judge)

"Oohh, French. Here." She murmurs, setting an outfit down on the bed. I turn and look at it. Laying there is short white lace shorts, a long shirt sleeved pink shirt, a pair of sandels, a necklace, and my purse.

"There you go madam." She grins. I sigh, starting to change into the outfit.

"I'm just nervous. Any girl would be. I just really like him, and I don't want my parents to screw this up for me." I murmur, putting the necklace on. Jasmine sits me down on my chair and starts to lightly curl my hair.

"You'll be fine. Just remember, stay calm, and don't let them bother you babe."

-

"God, I'm so nervous. Are you nervous, because I am." Cameron says, as he checks his suit for the tenth time. I face him to me. I slowly smooth the wrinkles out of his suit, and I fix his tie.

"You'll be fine. Just be you. They can't hate you for being you." I say softly. He relaxes.

"Let's go then." He says, his voice slightly shakey. I nod, gently kissing him. He grins against my lips.

We get to the restaurant in ten minutes. Cameron opens the passenger door for me, and I get out. He intertwines our fingers as we walk toward the enterance. I feel his hands shake gently, and I give him an encouraging squeeze.

"Hayley, darling!" I hear my Mom gasp, walking to me. I put on a fake smile as I walk to the table, Cameron trailing behind. She kisses me on both cheeks before smiling widely at me. "You're so big now! Last time I saw you, you were a little freshman! Now you're a sophomore in college." She sighs happily. Cameron has finally made his way beside me.

"Where's dad?" I ask softly. Mom leads me to the table, where my father is sitting.

"Hello baby girl." My Dad says, grinning. I put on a forced smile. I sit down at the table, and Cameron sits beside me. I give his hand a gently squeeze.

"Mom, Dad, this is Cameron. He's my boyfriend." I say, getting straight to the point. My Dad automatically glares at him. I feel Cameron's hands get clammy.

"Hello Mrs. and Mr. Davis." Cameron says, his voice sounding strong.

"Hello Cameron. So tell me, what are your goals in life?" My Mother asks. I mentally face palm.

"Um, well ma'am, I honestly don't know. I want to graduate UMHB with my English Major, and still be able to hold this lovely ladies' hand," Cameron smiles at me "I want to be able to put a ring on her left finger. I also want to become a teacher, or a doctor. Anything to do with kids honestly. But most importantly of all, I want to stay with Hayley." He finishes. I'm speechless. His main goal is to stay with me for the rest of his life?

"Well I know for sure you cannot accomplish any of those goals." My dad states simply. It feels as if all the air left the room.

"Sir I don't understand-"

"You're the type of guy to go to strip clubs an get high very Friday, aren't you? You can't keep your grades above an 75. You're barely passing. You won't be able to get that damn English major, nor will you be able to be a doctor. You won't be able to keep Hayley in your life either. You will eventually get bored and sleep with another girl. She'll forget you easily. You know she means nothing to you, and she never will. She's just another fuck buddy isn't she?" My Father snaps. I gasp, letting go of Cameron's hand.

"Dad!" I yell.

"Sir, you don't understand. I'll put Hayley over my life any day. She, she's my everything. I'd kill me to see her in pain. Yeah we've only been dating for a few weeks, but damn, she makes me feel like the luckiest guy in the world. Please sir...just give me a chance." Cameron begs. My dad stands up, gripping my arm tightly, as my mom yells for security.

"You can't see her again." My dad snaps, dragging me away. "She's going to Jacob. You can't do anything about it either." He snarls at Cameron. My breath hitches. I try to break loose.

"Cameron!" I wail. Soon the security is dragging Cameron in the opposite direction of me. He tries to fight them off.

"Hayley! Hayley no!" He yells. I kick and scream, trying to break free. People stare at us in awe.

"CAMERON NO!" I scream, tears falling fast. My view of Cameron i blocked by the face I swore I'd never see again.

"Hello Hayley." Jacob smiles, venom behind those beautiful brown eyes.

---------------------

a/n

Damn

Whale i ship Cayley [ Hayley and Cameron ] over Jayley [ Jacob and Hayley ] any day tbh .

Who do you ship ?
Comment Cayley or Jayley

- Juliane