Chapter Fourteen- Last Goodbyes

I woke up to a pair of arms draped around my waist. I felt my breath hitch and for a second I believed it was Cameron. But it wasn't. It was the man who tried kill me. I quietly got out of his grip.

I quietly left the room and headed towards Jack's. He was the only person I trusted and I don't even know if he's okay. I quietly turned the knob and walked in. My eyes widened and I hold back a sob.

Jack's body was limp he had a wound, it looked like a gun wound, and cuts all over his body. Bruises scattered across his tan skin. I ran to him, my hands shaking. I knelled beside him. A loud sob escaped my lips. I feel something sticky connect with my bare legs. I look down.

I almost throw up when I realize that the stuff I'm sitting on is blood. Jack's blood. I gently shake him.

"Jack? Jack wake up, please be okay." I whimper quietly. His eyes slowly open, but it looks as if it hurts him. I out his head on my lap.

"Go, nobody's up...please just leave me." Jack manages to get out. My heart shatters.

"No, I'm not leaving you. We're going to find a way to get you out, to get us both out." I say firmly. Jack's large hand lifts up shakily and touches my cheek. I hold it there, tears resting in my eyes.

"Leave. Go tell someone about these bastards. Please, just go." He says quietly, his voice dying out, just like the fire in his eyes. I shake my head, panic rising in me.

"No, no, no Jack please no. Stay with me! Jack no please!" I cry out softly, because people might wake up. Jack's head rolls softly to the side. I lean over, so my body protects his dead one. No tears come. There's just moments when you are so overwhelmed with sadness not even years will work.

After sitting in this position for a few minutes I push myself up, gently letting Jack lay down. I force myself to leave the room. I find the room that is mine. I quickly look through the wardrobe. I change into dark wash skinny jeans, black combat boots, and a long grey sweater. I grab a beanie and a scarf for warmth. I sigh, quietly leading myself to my window. I unlock it, praying some kind of alarm doesn't go off.

I push it up and I swing my legs over. It's a two story drop. I close my eyes tightly and jump. I braces myself for the impact. As I hit the ground I try not to scream as there is a white hot pain in my ankle. My breathing picks up. I shakily stand and limp over to one of their many cars.

I open one up [they keep it unlock because who knows where they even are anyway?], and search for the keys. I find the pair and I start the car after getting in. I feel numb everywhere. Everything is like a giant nightmare.

I pull out of the house and drive down the dark road. I follow the road until I reach a small town. I quickly park the car and I get out. I see lights coming from where I came from. Panic overcomes me. I back up, and I see one of the cars from the house.

"SOMEONE HELP ME!" I scream loudly, backing up quickly as the car speeds to a stop. Lights flicker on and I turn and run. I hear yelling and footsteps running after me. My legs burn as I run, screaming. A door opens and a young boy comes out. He looks around 14 or 15.

He reminds me of Nash. My heart shatters. He grabs my hand and drags me in. The door slams shut up and the men chasing me run by. My hands are shaking as I run my hand through my hair. I look up and see the boy and two other guys. Their eyes are wide.

"I-I-" I start but one of the boys interrupt me by gently picking me up. My legs feel numb and so does everything else. I look up at the boy and he looks strangely familiar. I frown.

"Matt?" I ask quietly, remembering him from the very first time I met Cameron. He smiles softly, and gently lays me down on the couch.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Matt asks, concern washing over his features. I feel tears prick my eyes.

"N-No. They killed them." I let out a sob, realizing they killed both Jacks. I rest my head in my hands, sobbing. Everything washes over me. This sucks, this all just sucks.

"What? Matt, what is she talking about?!" The boy who dragged me in hisses. I look up, tears streaming down my face slowly.

"W-Who are you?" I ask, wiping away the tears.

"I'm Hayes, and this is Shawn." The younger boy says. I glance at Shawn, who is letting his arms cross over his chest.

"Well I'm Hayley...sorry if I'm causing you trouble." I mutter, standing up. Shawn comes over, and gently pushes me back down.

"You're not going back to wherever you just came from. You're staying with us until we figure out what's going on. Now tell me, what is going on?" Shawn says, sitting down. I take a deep breath.

"Well it all started out last year...."

+++

ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT IN HIS MONSTERS THEN WE HAVE THE SEQUEL