Chapter Nine- idekwhattocallthis

[ Hayley's POV ]
One year later

I giggle, gently resting my head on Jacob's chest. I feel his arm slide around my slim waist, and his face nuzzle it's way into my shoulder. I smile, gently playing with his hair.

"I love you." He murmurs, hide voice vibrating my skin. I close my eyes at his words.

"And I love you." I say gently. I hear cooing and I blush, pulling away. Standing there is my mom and dad, and behind them are our good family friends.

"Come on guys, pose for a picture." My mom ushers us. I laugh. I wrap my arms around his torso, and he wraps his arm around my waist. We smile for the picture. "This is going on FaceBook." She grins. I chuckle.

"We do have to go. The dance ball starts in ten minutes." My father says, ushering us outside. Jacob and I get into the back seat, and the grow ups sit in the first and second row. My dad turns on the music, and John Legend's All of Me plays. I rest my head on Jacob's shoulder, and he sets his hand on my knee. A comforting gesture.

"I love you Haylers." He whispers in my ear. I smile to myself. I gently sing along, glancing up at the boy who I've fallen for over the last year.

"We're here love birds." My mom calls to us. We laugh, and get out. The ball is in the large City Hall building. It's made out of white marble and it looks gorgeous. I intertwine our fingers as we walk inside.

~

I giggle, sipping my champagne. I look at the ground from above and my eyes land on a pair of dark, rich, chocolate eyes. My breath hitches, and I feel like I'm about to pass out. Cameron Dallas' gaze doesn't leave mine. His hair is cut, and he looks stronger. His best friend, my brother, strolls beside him. I break the gaze, and I run to my parents

"You didn't tell me that Cam- Nash was coming!" I screech. My Mom looks alarmed.

"Why would we need to? You guys are on close terms right?" She aaks, eyeing me suspiciously. I nod, lying straight to her face.

The truth is, a year ago he stopped talking to me. I moved in with Jacob, and I gave up on him.

Why try to keep up with someone when they won't try to keep up with you?

But anyway, him and Cameron became great friends. Jasmine, bless her soal, tried to get me to come back. I was "brainwashed" and "paranoid" when I was with Jacob. They didn't understand.

I love Jacob, not Cameron.

I'm so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't noticed that I was being pulled away from my parents and boyfriend. Panic sinks in, and I try to shove away from the person. They drag me into a deserted hallway.

"What the he-" My breath is caught in my throat. Standing in front of me in the boy I've been trying to get to leave my mind. The boy who tried to figure me out, who wanted to love me so bad. Standing in front of me is the boy that I fell in love with.

"Hayley." Cameron breaths out. I try to take him all in. I've dreamed about seeing him again. Breathing becomes harder for me now.

"Cameron-" The boy shakes his head and cups my cheeks, pulling my face to his. His lips connect with mine.

I feel as if my knees are going to buckle from under me.

My back gets pressed against the wall, and his body presses to mine. My fingers lace their way into his fluffy brown hair. When I gently tug, a soft moan escapes his perfect lips. I realize what I'm doing and I pull away quickly.

"I-I can't. WE cant! Cameron, I'm dating Jacob." I whisper, guilt flowing through my veins. I watch his face fall, and his chest quickly rise and fall. "Cameron-"

"No, don't. Just go back to the boy who beat you, tried to rape you, ruined your life for gods sake, and ruined us. Just go back to him, because you obviously love him more then me." He pushes off the wall and rushes out of the hallway.

Before I know it, I'm sliding down the wall, tears overflowing. My loud sobs fill the empty hallway, the party music in the background. I bring my knees up to my chest, not caring if it's not lady like. The past year finally sinks in on me. It's been hell. I've had to be proper, I've had to be lady like, I had to be everything I'm just not. And it's sucked. I close my eyes tightly, letting the realization sink in.

I need Cameron, and I'm going to find a way to get him back.