Chapter 9: Fighting for Life

Ella was stranded. At a crossroads, she didn't know what to do. Should she tell someone? Should she sneak out and tell Mrs. Webster? Should she ask help from a mutual friend? While she vanished in her thoughts, she heard someone coming upstairs. It was Veronica. The hottest girl in Max's school. Well to be honest, Star Smith was the 2nd hottest one according to everyone but The Plastics. Star's 2 sidechicks were awful. Anyways, let's get on with the story inside Ella's head. Ella said to herself, "Should I ask help from Alex? I don't know if he would agree to help, but why not try? Right?". She was still confused and she had no choice but to take help from her 2nd cousin. She fixed her look, and soared downstairs like an eagle. Thankfully her second cousin lived one house away from Star and went to her cousin Alex's house. The good thing was is that Ella was the only girl cousin and was seeked the highest attention from everybody because of her pretty looks from her mother and he kind heart that was also by her mother. When Ella reached Alex's house she panted from all the running and knocked on the door firmly...no reply, this time she knocked with all her might...still to reply, so Ella took the key from the soil inside of a sunflower garden that was in the front yard and barged into the house twisting and turning the key inside the lock...no one was home so now Ella was helpless, Or was she not? On the way down the stairs with her head down in sorrow. She tripped over a stone and fell right in the hands of a boy with bluish and greenish eyes and his brown hair stroked to one side looking the same age has her.

"Oh pardon me?" said Ella getting up from his hands

"Nah mate it's fine, it happens to everyone" The anonymous replied

"Oh yeah" she gave a slight giggle

"I'm Zane by the way" as he put his hand out for her to shake

" I am Ella" She said touching his warm soft hand gesturing her bloody hand

"Wait ur Ella ro-" Zane sai stopping in the way to see her hands covered in blood.

"Did u kill someone" putting her hand into his palms

"oh no! I forgot all about Max, see my boyfriend was hit with a glass bottle and collapsed on the floor, I am trying to stop the bleeding but it is not stopping" She said in hope he could help

"Guide me to your boyfriend mate, I think I can help"

Ella and Zane rushed into Stars house when Star stood in front of him

"Oh Zane my bestie hello" Star said.

"Outta My Way Star, I ain't gonna play any of these games anymore" Zane says pushing Star aside.

"Oh brother, you're making a big mistake crossing you older sis." Star replied.

"Consider it as a mistake if you want but this is for this cute girl." Zane said being protective of Ella.

Ella in her eyes saw a prince charming sacrificing his friendship for an unknown girls boyfriend to be save

"You think I'm cute? d, but there were butterflies in her stomach. Did she like him? Anyways Zane grabbed Ellas hand as Ella assorted him up to the room. And so Zane stitched the scare on Max's head with the aid kit that star had and put an ice pack.

"Thanks for that" Ella said sitting on the bed beside Max

"Anytime mate" Zane said.

Then Ella and Zane came closer and closer until their noses met but suddenly Max woke up

"Huh?" Max looked with one eye open from all that bright light in the room

"Ya Okay Champ?" Zane says looking straight into Max's eyes with Zayne's arm on Max's shoulder