thirty.

CHAPTER THIRTY,
fallen angels

   WITH SAMANTHA'S WORDS still present in Rick Grimes head, he managed to gather everyone up for a group meeting

WITH SAMANTHA'S WORDS still present in Rick Grimes head, he managed to gather everyone up for a group meeting. The sun was beginning to lower itself down, stretching from the horizons and creating fire hearths.

The young woman sensed hesitation in the air, some even against the idea (she's not going to name anyone) but she was just both relieved and happy that the leader had considered her.

"Hey," A voice pulled her from her thoughts and she lifted her head up, her lips out stretching at the sight of Nathan. It dropped when she looked down at his hands, crescent moons embedded deep into the paleness of his skin.

The action of her grabbing that hand made him go tense, his breath getting caught in his throat. "What happened there?" She asked, lifting it to her eyes and scanning it with a frown.

Something about his eyes concerned her - she was no longer looking at walls, but a bruised boy who looked unmistakably lost, as if he couldn't find his way out of the woods. Nathan pulled back his hand and forced a smile she can see right though. "Just an accident."

A soft sigh left her lips. "Nate, it's okay if you're not okay," She assured him gently. "This whole Randall thing-"

"It's already decided." He interrupted.

This saddened her because she knew what is already decided, and she hated how it has to be this way, hates how much he has changed. He was no longer the person she knew before, but that's okay because Nathan is still her best friend and no matter what - she'll always love him.

"Alright, let's gather up." Rick called out.

The two best friends took that as their cue to enter the farmhouse.

Upon walking in, Samantha noticed her brother near the fireplace, so she took her position as the younger Walsh sibling and stood next to him. She surveyed the survivors, noting that everyone was in here.

Her eyes found Daryl.

He was leaning up against a cabinet, farther way from everyone else. He felt her stare and caught it, watching as she ducked her head away out of instinct.

It was silent for a few moments, before someone decided to speak,

"So, how do we do this?" It was Glenn. "Just take a vote?"

"Does it have to be unanimous?" Andrea was the next to speak up.

The air was tense. They all had different opinions on what to do with the issue, but none would find the solution. "How about majority rules?" Lori offered.