〉X

〉 Ava

   After the Lesson One, we had a lunch break. "Are you alright Ava?" Ben asks me and I nod my head. "No, you're not," he says to me and I look at him with a glare. "You knew it. So why did you ask?"

   He scoots beside me and wraps his arm around my shoulder. He lays his head on my shoulder. "What are you doing?" I ask him. "Trying to make you feel better," he answers. "Is it working?"

  I smile and lay my head on his head. "It's working..."

〉〉〉

   "Lesson two. Now that they're extinct, the Jedi are romanticized, deified. But if your strip away the myth and look at their deeds, the legacy of the Jedi is failure. Hypocrisy, hubris," Luke says as he sit in the center of the cave. "That's not true!" Ben tells him.

   "At the height of their powers, they allowed Darth Sidious to rise, create the Empire, and wipe them out. It was a Jedi Master who was responsible for the training and creation of Darth Vader," Luke says in one breathe. "And a Jedi who saved him," I add.

   "Yes. Your father was the most hated man in the galaxy. He caused so much death and destruction for many years. But you saw there was conflict inside him. You believed that he wasn't gone. That he could be turned," I tell determinedly.

   "And I became a legend. For many years, there was balance and then I saw... Gale. I took him, and a dozen students, and began a training temple. By the time I realized I was no match for the darkness rising in him, it was too late," he tells us the story.

   "What happened?" Ben and I ask in unison. "I went to confront him, and he turned on me. He must've thought I was dead. When I came to, the temple was burning. He had vanished with a handful of my students, and slaughtered the rest. They blamed Snoke, but... it was me. I failed. Because I was Luke Skywalker. Jedi Master. A legend," he shares the rest of the story.

   "The galaxy may need a legend. I need someone to show me my place in all this. And you didn't fail Gale. Gale failed you. I won't," I assure him. Luke gives me a sad smile before leaving again.

   "Let's just train you with a lightsaber," Ben changes the topic. I look at him with gleaming eyes. "Really?" I ask and he answers happily, "Yeah!"

   We head to the field and Ben let me borrow his lightsaber. "Bring the saber behind your back, keeping the blade horizontal. The handle should be just below shoulder height. Bring the saber round quickly slashing at your opponents right arm," he instructs.

   I put my saber at my back and try to keep the blade horizontal. Then, I round the saber slashing my imaginary opponent.

  "Good job Ava!" Ben praises me. Little did I know, we had to train for two hours.

〉〉〉

    After our training, it was already night. I head back to the Falcon. I give Chewie a tired smile. "Rooooaaarr (Are you tired?)," he asks and I nod my head.

   "I'll be up if you need me," I tell him before going out the Falcon. I climb on top and lay down. I breathe in and breathe out. I just enjoy relaxing.

   "Hey Ava," Ben pops his head up the Falcon. I look at him and giggle. "Can I join?" he asks and I nod. He climb the Falcon and lay down beside me.

   "The moon is very lovely tonight," I tell him and he whisper, "You're lovelier." I look at him and notice that our faces our an inch apart.

   I blush and Ben laughs, "You're cute when you are blushing Ava." I slap his arm playfully.

   "I hate you..."

   "I know..."