A Torch in The Cave

Emily's pov

I watched Abby doze off, mumbling she had to kill the Daemonium.. 

But I am the Daemonium... I know I am..

I sighed and turned to the sleeping wizard. It was quite peaceful now as I watched the person who tried to kill me just not long ago, deep in her own dreams.

Our conversation from before Abby drifted to sleep kept echoing within my mind.

My village found a way to make it so that if I had a job to finish, I couldn't pass the border around my tower.

I felt disgusted at the village's demands and restrictions. She's a Mage! Not a miracle worker.

My rage was no longer toward Abby, but the villagers themselves. All I could do was silently curse the villagers in my emotions.

Minutes turned to hours in my hut as Abby didn't awake from her sleep, yet was smiling to herself.

Never seen her smile before...

It was nice to see her not as exhausted.

But she has to  defeat you still.. My mind reminded me, yanking me forcefully from the thoughts of actually beriending her.

No.. We're enemies. I can't trust her. I've helped and now she's in debt to me.

I looked back, Abby's steady breathing the only noise in the room.

I couldn't hate her no matter how much I tried. Pity for the Starmage and anger at her cruel, trash heap of a village were the only emotions I was feeling.

The border..!    

A lit torch ignited my thoughts on fire with a plan. I quickly grabbed an empty scroll paper and scribbled it down.

If this works... 

 I will have solved our Daemonium problem.