Wait What

"What wait um your boyfriend?" I say at a loss for words.

"Yes." She says, like she's talking to a child, "Kayden, the blonde one you were making out with over there? Do you really think he would like someone like you?" She says, laughing like it was the funniest thing she's ever heard.

At this point I was just so done.

Past the point of caring.

I was so used to being used, but I felt some remorse for this girl, I've been cheated on, but I've never been the one to commit the act. I actually felt bad for this blonde Barbie, who is actually prettier than I will ever be.

So my response is to just stand there. I could feel the emotions slide out of my body. All that was left was a blank, pathetic, emotionless stare, so I turned around and walked out of the party.

No I didn't walk out and find Karlie. Or even go to the car; I just walked. Away from the party. Away from the chaos. Of course this party had to be on the opposite side of town, a side where I would need a GPS to find myself. But even though I didn't have my phone, or anything besides my clothes, I walked.

But it was pretty out here. Outside of town, and no clouds, the stars looked beautiful.

Deep down I knew I was crying. Not on the outside that would create blotchy red marks on my cheeks, just inside. The feeling of crumbling overtook me, so I sat down and lied down.

I thought what life would be like if the accident never happened.

I thought how terrible of a person I was.

And I was still dripping in red liquid.

I thought I would never become the cheater. And I wasn't crying over Kayden. I was crying over the person I had become.

I'd been cheated on so much, with family, relationships, everything, I promised myself I would never do this to another person but here I am.

But at least the stars were happy. There they were, floating in harmony. Unlike us pathetic humans who have to get in arguments, why can't we just be happy like the stars in the galaxy.

My poetic and astronomical thoughts were interrupted by a crash.

I look over and see a dash of blond hair fall to the ground next to me.

He came to get me.

"Kayden?" I say, sitting up and looking at him in shock.

"Shit that was supposed to be more graceful I'm sorry I..." He says with a stutter looking flustered.

"What are you doing here." Hiding my emotions from him seemed like the best idea right now. I'm not going to act like a freshman and say I was in love with this guy. We had almost just met, and every time we talk it seems like we end up making out. But there was something here.

"What Claudia said, it wasn't true. I wouldn't do that to you." His response was a statement.

I mean the first kiss, if he was dating someone, was my fault. That was one of the reasons I was beating myself up. Because that girl Claudia, as much of a b*tch she might be, she was still cheated on. The first kiss was on me, but I didn't know better. Neither did he have the chance to stop me. But the second time, at the party, he easily could've stopped me.

"Sureee" Lying down to my original, peaceful position. Maybe I'll become A-sexual and get some cats. Yes that sounds like a great idea because then I don't have to deal with this ever again.

He is now siting behind me. I was lying on my back an he was parallel to me above. But our faces were in line with each other. But I'm on my back so he sits up and looks at me. Almost upsidown like, I mean if we were in a movie it would provably look cute. But from my view, he was upside down. It was highly impractical and seemed like it was going to make me laugh but his face was a foot above mine.

It just made no sense.

Not practical at all.

But then I cracked.

Not crying but just laughing.

Laughing at my life and him and us and everything.

He sat up with a confused look, and I stood up.

And I walked back to the party. I could still hear the sound, and didn't even look back because I knew he was confused out of his mind. He thought I was crazy, that's guaranteed.

Back into the party, but I was numb. And that probably was a good thing.

But now it's time to get wasted.

Walking through the front door, I grab the closest cup I see from someone's hand, and I chug.

Because I am not a cheater. I am not Devon.

———————-

Sorry guys I'm a terrible writer