Chapter 10: Happy Place

The next few days were very awkward. Katie still hasn't told her family about J.K. Rowling. But one night at dinner, Katie got up. "I have an announcement to make... I, next weekend, am going to Holland to meet... J.K. Rowling!" said Katie.

"WHAT?!" said her Step-Dad, clearly agitated. "Yes and you are NOT going to stop me!" retorted Katie. "Yeah... we'll see..." muttered her Step-Dad.

Later that night, Katie calls Corey... "Hello?" said Corey. "Hey! It's Katie! Can you meet me at 'McDonald's' tomorrow?" "Yeah of course! Meet at three?" asked Corey. "Yeah, see you tomorrow!" said Katie.

Tomorrow:

Katie meets up with Corey. "There was something I wanted to ask you..." said Katie. "Will you go out with me?" asked Katie. "Of course, Katie!" replied Corey. He swept her up into his arms and kissed her. They made their first date for the movies on the seventh. Katie was so happy!

As the days neared Katie's drive to Holland to meet J.K. Rowling, But Corey had been thinking. "Katie, why don't I come with you?!" he asked one day. "That would be great! I'm staying with my Grandma so I'll tell her your coming. You can sleep in the comfy guest room and I'll sleep in the comfy loft." explained Katie. "Could I sleep on a spare mattress upstairs with you?" asked Corey. "Yeah. There's an air mattress and a bed up there. I can take the air mattress and you can have the bed." replied Katie.

Katie and Corey went to the store to get snacks and drinks for the road. "Oh and Katie?" asked Corey. "I got you something..." he pulled out a box with holes in the top. It was kind of heavy. Corey set it down carefully. Katie bent down and opened it. Inside was a puppy! "Thank you so, so, so much! I'll name it-" "It's a she..." said Corey. "I'll name her... Honey!" The dog was a Golden Retriever with gold-like fur.

They had everything they needed and also had the dog and left for Holland. Holland was a four hour drive from Taylor. Honey slept most of the way while Katie and Corey sat up front talking and listening to music. "My Grandma is so nice and her house- excuse me- cabin is beautiful and it is on a lake. That is why I told you to bring your swimsuit. It will be nice ALL weekend and she has a hot tub! I know how to work it soooo we will get to use that.

A couple hours later, they arrived at the cabin. "Katie!" said her Grandma. "Grandma! Hi! How are you?" asked Katie. "I'm great! How are you?" she asked. "I'm good. This is Corey... my boyfriend." said Katie. "Nice to meet you-" "You can call me Bonnie." said her Grandma. "Nice to meet you Bonnie." he said.

Soon, Katie and Corey were getting set up in the loft. The air mattress was set up and so was the bed. The loft had a wall dividing the bed and bathroom area from the hot tub area. The bed and bathroom had a divider in between them. The bed had quite a bit of space next to it and two feet of space between it and the wall next to it on the other side.

Katie was really excited for tomorrow! She facetimed Emma to find out what she should wear. She was going to wear a gray shirt and a black skirt with black shoes. With her outfit picked out, she was ready for bed. "Want to watch a movie?" asked Corey. "I brought my laptop and the 'Harold Poottair' series." "You know me so well! Sure." replied Katie.

They went downstairs to the living room and sat on the couch and started watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix when Bonnie walked in. "Do you guys want ice cream, milkshakes or popcorn?" she asked. "Popcorn is fine. Do you want to watch it with us?" asked Katie. "Sure!" replied Bonnie. She walked into the kitchen to make the popcorn.

When she returned, Katie had Corey's laptop hooked up to the television. They had decided to hook her with the first movie: "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" Bonnie handed them each a bowl of popcorn. "I'll get condenments for anyone who wants them..." said Katie. "I'll help you." said Corey. "Could I have a little it of butter?" asked Bonnie. "Yeah." replied Katie.