Chapter 5 - Funfair or unfair?

•Enjoy!•

Pacifica

"Gideoon! Wake up!!" I whisper-yelled, shaking Gideon to wake him up.

It was Sunday, seven in the morning-
nobody except me was woken up, I was getting bored so I decided to wake Gideon so we could do something.

"Pacifica.......stop" Gideon yawned, covering his face from me with the pillow.

"C'mon! I'm bored, and my shift is about to start, thought you might he-l-p" I said, pulling the pillow from him.

"Paz, your shift starts at two," he said, finally giving up and letting go of the pillow.

"Oh. Right. I need to change my alarm clock to ten or something" I said, releasing the pillow, too.

"I'll go to the bathroom to take a shower and change-"
and don't you dare go back to sleep Gideon!" I warned, before closing the door to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and made my hair into a usual high ponytail. I put on a white spring dress and black high top sneakers.

I went back to my room to make the beds, since it was my turn today.

I ran down the stairs to find Gideon eating an apple and reading the journal.

"So it's your journal now?" I said, putting my hands on my hips.

"Well, technically, it's the author's, but for now you could say yes- since you don't read it anymore" he replied.

"But you don't even give me a chance to hold it! You're always with it," I said, pouting,

I quickly grabbed the journal from his pale chubby hands and ran away with it, chuckling at how he had trouble to run.

"Pacificaa pleaseee" he said, finally catching up.

I laughed and held it high so he couldn't reach it, then my phone vibrated.

"Hm?" I mumbled, looking down at my phone

That was Gideon's chance to grab the journal, and so he did, running back to our room.

It were the comments on that photo the girl took of me a couple of days ago.

dippergleeful✓ liked the photo

Great. Now the town's celebrity thinks I'm a fool. 5 604 likes...
604 people think of me like this..
Can't the police or someone delete it? Ugh-- nevermind. I promised myself this was just nothing: I'll- I'll just ignore it.

I scrolled down the Instagram page to get my mind off of the photo, and one post caught my eye-

"A funfair- at five..." I mumbled, not taking my eyes off the phone while walking back up the stairs.

"Hey Gids, ya wanna go to a funfair at five?" I said, opening the door.

"A funfair? He said, looking up from the journal, finally.