Chapter 2

a little tw just in case
some use of the f slur in this chapter

~Time Skip~

A few weeks of the school year had already gone by. Gary and Avocato's friendship had grown more every day. The two found out they didn't live too far from eachother and often hung out on weekends and after school sometimes. They would have sleepovers, but mostly at Gary's house.

Over time though something began brewing inside of Gary's heart. During all of this time they spent next to each other he had started to develop feelings for that Ventrexian companion of his. The blonde had a strong feeling they wouldn't be going away anytime soon.

Gary and Avocato arrived at school around the same time every morning as usual and met up in the hallway with Quinn. The three would usually talk about how their night went. Gary occasionally talked about stuff he found online and show the other two in hopes of getting a laugh out of one of them, and when he did he felt accomplished. The bell would ring and they would go to their classes. except this morning was...different.

While Gary and Avocato were chatting on their way to class as usual, the blonde stopped in his tracks as he was confronted by another student.
He was shocked to see the other student in front of him.
He was a bit bigger in size and a lot taller than he was, and he definitely looked a lot stronger too which made an anxious feeling start bubbling up in the blondes stomach.

It was none other than Derek. The now senior student who had bullied him throughout the school years. He never could truly escape the bastard and always found himself in terrible situations with him.

"Derek..? What do you want from me this time? I thought the principal told you to back off?" Gary shouted at him.
Derek stared him in the eyes and began to tower over him, making the blonde cower in fear. "You think I'll listen to that old geezer? He hasn't a single clue who he's dealing with, and neither do you, faggot."

That insult hit Gary in the chest like a razor sharp dagger. He really hoped he wouldn't have to be called that again by his bully. It hurt more than a million pins and needles being stuck into his brain. The smaller boy could feel a panic attack coming on as he began to stutter anxiously.

"I told y-you...n-not to call me that a-again..." Gary spoke hesitantly as he felt tears well up in the corners of his eyes, trying his best not to let the flood out.

"Oh, would you look at that. The cowardly little bitch boy is trying to stand up to me when he knows damn well that he doesn't stand a single chance against anyone." Derek's words bit back at Gary hard.

Avocato began to grow furious. The fuck did this asshole have to do with his friend? He stepped to Gary's side and shot a menacing glare at the bully.

"Hey, asshole. You'd better back off right now or I'll make you regret your whole life." Avocato bit back with a low growl.

"Oh, how nice. The homo finally decided to find himself a boyfriend. "

Did...did he just call Avocato his boyfriend?

Gary looked up at Avocato with nothing but worry in his eyes. Avocato shot him a reassuring smile and then turned back to the other student.

"Yeah, so what? If you have a problem with my boyfriend, then you have a problem with me, buddy." Avocato growled. "So you'd better back the fuck up before I mess you up real bad." The ventrexian threatened.

Derek, feeling the slightest bit defeated, decided it was time to move on from these two...for now.

"Tch, yeah whatever. I don't wanna get your gay disease all over my hands anyways." Derek replied before glaring at the blonde that was nervously holding onto Avocato's arm and walking away.

The two let out a sigh of relief. Thank God whatever that was had finally ended. It only took a few seconds for Avocato to realize that Gary had been holding his hand for who knows how long, but he didn't mind it. He squeezed the blondes hand and shot a smile down at him which the boy happily returned back to him.
Gary truly felt safe when he was with Avocato.

THIS CHAPTER WAS SO BAD AND TOOK SO LONG AAAHHHAH
I rlly should've edited it but I'm lazy so take whatever