Chapter 1- Love-At-First-Touch

• Dedicated to Ali

        My name is Spencer Lewis Bryant. I was born on a foggy September dawn.  My best friend Ali Jene Granger  was born one month  later. Her and I were first introduced in the grocery store; when we were 2 1/2. My mother Anne had dropped her box of tissue. A man by the name of Norman, was in the isle, with his daughter,  where my mother and I had been. He grabbed for the box, as did my mother.  There hands met upon box. She looked at him, He at her. Their eyes met, something clicked. Like some sort of connection. 

        "Hi there, I I'm Anne", My mother said through her thick southern accent.

        "Good day, my lady. I believe you dropped these.", replied Norman, a young British man.

        "I sure did. Thank you, this is my son Spencer.", My mother gestured.

        "Of course. Anytime. Blimey what handsome young chap! This is my daughter Ali."He said .gesturing. 

        "She is one of God's wonders, she is beautiful.", mother said.

        "Ali can you say Anne?" Norm asked.

        "AN!" Ali had said.

        "Can you say Spencer?"

        "Spen-sir!"

        "Spencer this is Norman and Ali." explained Anne.

        "No-man... Awy!" I exclaimed.

        "Well we'd be off. Why don't you give me a bell, its 455-787-7201." explained Norman.

        "That make me happier than dead pig in sunshine!" Anne Exclaimed. Norman and Ali walked away. 

        Mother started humming and dancing, she turned to me and said "Mama's so happy baby!" She was pushing the buggy in beat to the harmonious tune she was humming. She strode to the check out of the McDugal Market. and paid the cashier.

        " Baby! We're about as poor as Church mice!", She said as we walked to out the the beat up rusty Volts wagon. Mother strapped me into the seat and next to me sat the produce we had bought. We drove home, if you could call it a home. It was a old shack. My father was a cheater and a beater. Thank God he was barely around. He would get drunk and beat my mother, until she got a divorce and a restraining order. Mother brought in me and the produce. She instantly got to work, sewing. That was her job. She sewed everything from dresses to quilts. That night Mama called Norman:

        "Hello Norman"

        "Good eve Anne! How are you?"

        "I'm fine, just tirred's all, How you?"

        "I am amazing , now that you called. I quite fancy you Anne."

        "I, you!"

        "Would you like to get tea Sunday after the service?"

        "Of course! But what about my little Spence, I can't afford no sitter!?"

        "Bring Him we will make a playdate of it."

        "That' sounds wonderful, Sunday after service right?"

        "Thats right love!"

        "But where?"

        "My home of course! Its 122 Rockford Dr. just past the town square."

        "well good night. See ya'  Sunday. God bless."

        "Good marrow my darling!"

    Author's Note- Please, comment of vote your opinions. If would mean a great deal! Please continue to read this is you enjoy! Folow for more! =)