Freiheit

CW: Gore/Violence, graphic description of organs where they shouldn't be (Aka, outside the body and in a demon's claws)

Flug tenses against him, fingers digging into the material of his shirt. Esther steps through the doorway, dressed in much more casual clothes. A white blouse tucked into dark pants. On her waist a leather belt with a knife tucked into its sheath. Beside him Ajah tenses but doesn't move from his place. Her gaze floats around the room, taking in the ferals and the humans. She stops at BlackHat meeting his eyes.

"Well, why wasn't I invited to this party?" She asks, making her way towards the back of the room, straightening Ka'apeha's mattress with her shoe. "It's awfully rude, after I house all of you." She says, turning back towards the small group. Her eyes glide down Flug's back, admiring her handiwork. A protective anger stirs in his chest, one that makes him want to rip her throat out.

"Housed us?" Ka'apeha laughs scornfully. Her ankles shake beneath her, blood staining her skin from the deep gashes. It's a wonder she was able to stand at all. "You've imprisoned us for years. There's no living like this. There's no home here."

"I've fed you. I've given you clothes through the years. You had a bed to sleep on." She says, eyes alight with fury though she remains calm outwardly. "What would you have done outside of here? Everyone would have seen you rot alive. You would have all been spectacle, or terminated upon sight. Something so hideous shambling towards society. The night of the living dead!" She laughs, holding up a hand towards Ka'apeha and Nahom. "Look at their monstrous appearance!"

Her following laugh echoes on the walls, angry and slightly manic. Ka'apeha grabs onto Nahom's arm, keeping him beside her. Against his chest he can feel Flug begin to shake, his legs tightening around his waist. In this dim lighting, with the harshest light coming from the ever so faintly flickering bathroom light, she looks inhuman. The shadows hit her features in a way that makes them appear sunken in and demonic. One of her wild eyes illuminated enough for BlackHat to track her gaze that travels over the room.

"I might have paid to see that. Watch that little bitch stumble out into public and shot." Esther stares at a child BlackHat had failed to notice until now. She stood against the wall, trembling and staring at her bloody feet. Nahom breaks away from Ka'apeha's hold, hitting Esther hard and slamming her into the wall. The broken shards protruding from his palms and forearms press into her skin, drawing small droplets of blood. She gasps as she hits it, eyes squeeze close for a moment before they open again. Nahom's hand digs into her shoulder, his other arm against her throat and pressing into it.

"Shut up!" He all but snarls, a small bone protruding from his throat bobs with his Adam's apple. "Shut the fuck up! I'm sick and tired of your shit!" She smiles, grabbing at his arm. He doesn't budge, instead he presses against her harder. Again, she gives a cocky little chuckle.

"Why are you so mad at only me? What about our little house spider? He sat on his hands for years and you get mad at me? Why couldn't he have snuck out sooner? Hit me over the head? Killed me? Certainly this isn't his only chance to free you?" Her eyes move to Ajah, frozen stock still. BlackHat looks over at him curiously, amusing the same question. Certainly in the years he'd been here, he would have had plenty of opportunities to slip the key and sneak away to his 'friend's' home with at least one feral at a time. Or unleash the ferals in the cage to get rid of the two humans. Ferals were notorious for not attacking each other. They mauled and devoured everything with a soul they could get their hands on, but never each other. Even ferals in the beginning stages.