Chapter eighteen

We arrive at the trails in the park.

I look at them confused.

"What, y'all planning on taking me on a jog? Xavier you want to jog for our birthday? Is this some kind of intervention where y'all trying to tell me I'm fat or something? Dang, y'all couldn't wait until tomorrow? Personally I-" Kevin cuts me off.

"We are not working out and you're not fat." He says as he grabs my hand and walks to the back of the car. He grabs a bag.

"We meant to tell you to put this on at the house, but kinda forgot over trying to find you," I look in the bag and it's a one piece bathing suit.

"My mom picked it out for you," I look at him and smile.

"That's great and all, but where am I going to put it on at?" I say glancing around for a bathroom. There wasn't one.

"Umm... put it on in the car. We won't look... probably," I glare at Blake. 

"No, you're not going to look," I get back in the car.

"Face the trail! I better not see y'all look back!" They do as told and I quickly put the bathing suit on and put my clothes back on over it.

"Ok, done," I say as I get out the car.

"Good, now lets get the bags," Leyon says. The boys get the stuff out the trunk and we walk down the trail, then down the steps to the lake.

We take the stuff out the bags and spread it out. In them was towels, a picnic blanket, a blow up ball, portable speaker, portable chargers, flashlight, water guns and food, such as: sandwiches, hot Doritos, water bottles, and cupcakes.

David Bluetooth's his phone to the speaker and Apesh*t by Beyoncé and JZ comes on.

I strip to my bathing suit and start dancing and singing with David.

"Gimme my check, put some respect on my check
Or pay me in equity, pay me in equity
Or watch me reverse out the debt
He got a bad bitch, bad bitch
We livin' lavish, lavish
I got expensive fabrics
I got expensive habits!" Me and David yell and the others join in.

"Bought him a jet
Shut down Colette
Phillippe Patek
Get off my dick!"

"Gimme the paw, gimme the ball, take the top shift
Call my girls and put 'em all on a spaceship
Hang one night with 'Yoncé, I'll make you famous
Have you ever seen the stage goin' apeshit? Rah!!!
Stack my money fast and go
Fast like my Lambo
Jumpin' off the stage, ho
Crowd better savor
I can't believe we made it
This is what we're thankful for
I can't believe we made it
Have you ever seen the crowd goin' apeshit?"

Kevin picks me up and tosses me into the lake.

I resurface and glare at him as he and the guys laugh. They all jump in and we start splashing water at each other.

Kevin hands me a filled water gun and I get on his shoulders. I start to spraying Xavier in the face.

"Hey! This means war!" He quickly grabs a water gun too and fires back.

The day continues with lots of laughs and memories.

How could a crappy day turn into one of the best days in my life?

The sun starts to set and we lay on the rocks looking at the amazing view while eating our food.

"This has been the best birthday. Thanks you all," I say. Kevin gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Don't mention it, you deserve it," he whispers into my ear. I smile.

"Hey, it's not over yet! They still got to give us our presents!" Xavier says. Leyon puts him in a head lock and ruffles his hair.

"Nope?" Leyon says.

"Hey!" As they play fight, they roll into the water. When they resurface, we laugh at them.

"We was suppose to be drying off fools!" David yells.

We arrive back at Xavier's house. We walk into the house and...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Everyone's family was here. Here to celebrate the birth of me and Xavier.

I was given hugs by people and we party some more.

This was the best birthday ever.