Heart

"Daddy can I play on the swing?" My five year old self asks.

Standing up I look around, how strange. I seem to be in some sort of room, nothing in it though. Just complete darkness, but there's a screen on the wall. I see my past self, playing with my father, before he lost his job and his mind.

He was always there for me, he was the one I loved the most. I do not regret hurting him though, or my mother either.

"Are you sure about that?"

I look around to find the source of the voice, there's a glowing girl standing in the center of the room. The room suddenly seemed a whole lot bigger. Looking closer I see that she is identical to me, but she has golden hair and eyes.

"Who are you?" I ask.

She doesn't answer she just walks in front of the screen, before jumping into it and disappearing. I follow her and walk close to the screen, looking in side of it for her. A hand grabs my arm and yanks me in, everything swirls around me. I open my eyes to find my self in a black and white park. children all around.

I know this park, and fair enough looking around I see my six year old selfs birthday party. The day a boy I liked dared me to climb a tree, of course I didn't want to decline.

"Wait...this is-"

Little me began to climb, I could remember what happens next.

Little me fell, kids around me screaming to run. They all ran, leaving me with a twisted ankle on my birthday. My parents no where in sight, I felt alone.

Then after a while of crawling, something stops in front of me. A black little paw comes into view, looking up I find myself starring into a midnight black puppies eyes.

Now that I think back, that might've been Reth. Little me continues to crawl, the dog whimpers from being ignored.

"You wanna help me?" My past self asks.

The dog nods it's head and begins to shake, bones breaking as it turns into a boy.

Though he was naked.

I find myself in awe, starring at this beautiful boy. He is unnaturally beautiful, like he isn't quite human.

Pulling me up he helps me walk home, in a room of black and white the girls golden hair stands out the most. She begins running in a different direction, I rush to follow her but the room begins to swirl suddenly.

Looking around I find myself hiding in the same park, I remember this. My father hit me for the first time, I was shocked so I ran away. Past me was about 12, I had my knees tucked to my chest and my head buried in them.

I remember the big bruise on my cheek, it burned from being slapped. Something wet nudged my leg, looking up I see a black dog. I didn't remember him, not at the time. It seems as though he was trying to comfort me, licking my my cheek to dull the pain.

Smiling I pet him, and scratch behind his ear. Calling him a good boy, but a few tears begin to fall. Before I knew it I was bawling and the dog that was there was now a boy.

He was rubbing my back soothingly as I cry, comforting me with little gestures.

"Reth! Where are you? Don't skip out on your afternoon lessons!" Calls a voice.

His hand stops and he freezes all together. The voice was calling him, I almost felt sad that he had to leave. I offer him a small smile, letting him know he can leave. But he stays put, not moving even though the voice was getting restless.