the smile that you gave me even when you felt like dying

title: i love you - billie eilish and finneas

elizabeth's POV

----------------------------------

"e-ethan?" i sniffle, slowly opening my eyes. "yeah" he nods. i smile weakly before hugging him tightly. "thank god" i whisper in relief. "i'm alright. everything's okay. you're okay." he says in a calm voice as he rubs my back. "i thought you were gone" i tell him between small sobs. "i'm still here. it's okay. i'm not gonna leave. i'm not gonna let it win. i'm not gonna leave." he assures me. "i've missed you so, so much." i sniffle and wipe my eyes. "i've missed you too." he smiles a little.

my eyes trail from his down to his leg, making sure he really is alright. "my leg do be a stump doe" he laughs. "what happened?" i ask. "they had to amputate it, they couldn't save it. this past week has been full of surgeries to make sure it doesn't spread to my lungs. it got hella close, but we fought it. i'm gonna be alright" he explains. "fuck that is good news" i say and put my hand over my heart, making him laugh. "yeah. you know, i've really missed you. everyone else here is boring as hell" he laughs. "yeah, i remember. how's lisa treating you? do i need to beat her up?" i ask. "nah, she's been pretty considerate." he shrugs.

we talk for another 20 minutes until mum tells me we have to go home. "i guess i'll see you later." i say with a weak smile. "yeah. see you later e" he smiles, though i can tell he's sad that i'm leaving. "hey ethan?" "yeah?" "i um.... i love you"

bro why the fuck am i scared he told me he loved me

fucking pussy ass bitch

"i love you too e. text me when you get home so i know you're safe" he tells me. he takes my hand and kisses it before squeezing it gently. "i will" i nod. i look back and see billie in fucking tears and elle on the verge with mum taking pictures of us next to mrs reed who is doing the same. "i'll have to get your number, these kids have something special" i hear mum say to mrs reed. "definitely" mrs reed agrees. after a few seconds of them exchanging numbers, we leave. i wave to ethan who looks like he's about to cry, and he waves back with a small smile.
thank you god

——————————————————

i dodge dick on the daily:)