wake up and smell the coffee

title: come out and play - billie eilish and finneas

elizabeth's POV

2 days later

-----------------------------------------------

today is christmas so obviously madison ran into my room and tried to jump on my bed. due to billie sleeping in my bed with me, she woke up right at the last second and caught madison just before she landed on me. "damn eilish, reflexes like a tiger" i laugh. "maddy, we've been over this. you can't jump on lizzy. you gotta be gentle" billie reminds her. "but it's christmas!" madison exclaims. "still, she's fragile" billie repeats. "can we go open presents now? mum says i have to wait until everyone is awake" she begs. "fine" i groan and stand up out of bed. my legs buckle beneath me and i fall to the floor, billie instantly rushing to me and helping me up. "are you okay?" she asks in a worried tone. "yeah, i'm good" i shrug.

we get downstairs and see elle and mum drinking coffee while waiting for us to come downstairs. "can i open presents now?" madison asks. "go ahead" mum nods. "hey, before you woke up ethan's mum came by. she said that ethan begged her to go to the store and get you a christmas gift, this specifically." elle explains and hands me a gift. "aw, that's so sweet of him" i smile and take it. i sit down on the couch and open the gift. there's an envelope on top of the box that i put it aside to read later. i open the box and see a stuffed creeper from minecraft with a small tag attached to it that says "you make my heart explode with happiness and love" along with a plush minecraft zombie with a tag saying "you bring my heart to life". i smile and hug them to my chest.

he do be cute doe

"i'm gonna read the card later" i tell them and put the card in the box and set it down on the floor. madison got me an orange beanie which was actually really comfortable and some fuzzy socks. i also got some shoes and other clothes from billie, a basketball hoop for my room from elle and a big white board to put on my wall from mum. "thank you guys" i smile.

once everyone finishes opening gifts, mum makes cinnamon rolls and pours me a glass of orange juice. as i eat the o'connells come through the door holding presents for everyone. i watch as they all open their gifts and finneas walks up to me holding a box with claudia behind him, also holding a present. "merry christmas goofball, i'm so proud of you" finneas smiles and hands me the box. he got me a ton of hats like his in different colors because i told him how much i liked his fitted beanie once. "aw, thanks finn" i smile and hug him. "this one is from all of us. and when i say all of us, i mean everyone in this room" claudia laughs and everyone looks over at us. i take the present from her and open it to find a box. "oh my god a box, no way" i joke, making a laugh hover through the small crowd of people. i take the top from the box and cover my mouth with my hand as i see what's inside. "thank you. so, so much" i sniffle and put the box on the floor. i stand up and hug everyone individually as i start to cry. "thank you guys" i smile weakly and wipe my eyes.

they got me a wig that looks exactly like my hair from before. they said that they knew how much i hated not having hair and hopefully the wig would help me be more confident.

once everyone quiets down a bit, billie insists on taking my presents up to my room because she doesn't want me to have to do it. finneas helps her with everything but i carry the present from ethan. "thank you guys" i smile. "no problem" finneas responds. as they walk out i shut the door and sit down on my bed. i take the envelope from the box and open it to find a long letter from ethan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: the letter is in the next part.

i dodge dick on the daily