Twenty-Nine...

(POV OF THE JOKER)

She had fallen asleep in my arms gently. Her hair was still damp from her shower but it smelt like flowers. Her face looked so sweet when she was sleeping, emotionless. Her skin was so soft and felt like electric. Nothing could ever make me not love this girl.

Flashbacks from Harley forcing her lips on to mine kept replaying in my head, making me cringe. The thought of her made me sick. She forced herself on me, and I felt uncomfortable even thinking about it. All I wanted was a life with Y/n, even if it meant letting a girl that I don't love kiss me and touch me.

Soon, I was fast asleep too. When I woke up, I was almost laying on top of her. She woke up as I did. I went to roll off her, but she wrapped her arms around my neck and held me there.
"Good morning", she whispers into my ear, making me tingle.
"Morning beautiful", I grin. She runs one hand through my hair and the other down my back, under my shirt. Her fingers felt like silk and it felt amazing. She was amazing. Everything about her was amazing. I lay on her with my eyes closed, enjoying every moment. I could've stayed there forever... but my phone rang, making us both jump.

I grabbed it roughly and answered.
"What", I growled down the phone.
"Heya Jokey, Penguin -ere, I request a meeting with ya mate. I know we ain't the best of friends, but I got an offer to make ya. Meet me at the IceBerg lounge in 2 hours. C'ya later, mate",
The phone hung up before I could even speak a word. I sighed heavily and slammed my phone down onto the bedside table.
"Who was it?" Y/n asks me, rubbing her eyes.
"Penguin... he wants a meeting in three hours." I sigh, making it clear that I didn't want to leave her.
"That means we got around another 1 and a half hours until you have to get ready and go", she grins at me.

I smile and move to cuddle her gently. She lets me and I hold her tightly in my arms. And wraps her arms around me again and soon falls asleep. As do I.

When I woke up again, it had been almost 3 hours.
"SHIT", I shout, looking at the clock. She jolts up.
"Go back to sleep darling", I tell her, rushing out of bed and getting changed quickly.
"Nope, I'll go and make you lunch for when you get back", she smiles.

God I love that woman so much.

I raced through the streets of Gotham to the Iceberg lounge, owner by the penguin himself. I was 10 minutes late, and I rushed through the door.
"You're late", I hear him say from behind me.
I turn around and look down at him. He was only 4 ft 10 and was smoking a cigar. He has shaved him head now. The last time i saw him he had a long ponytail. He was wearing a black suit and a top hat, and a monocle like always.
"I know", I growl.
"Good, now sit down", he says, gesturing towards a corner booth table. I move other there quickly and sit down.
"You look... different Jokey", he says, laughing to himself.
"Do I?" I say bluntly, looking around. I was completely uninterested in what he had to say.
"You look healthier, say, every man does after his first time with a woman..." he chuckles deeply.

I go to lunge at him but then one of his goons aim a gun at my head. Fuck.
"Now do you know about her." I growl, sitting back down.
"Everyone knows about you and her", he laughs.
"Well, I don't care and neither does y/n" I say, leaning back in my chair.
"Y/n? I was talking about Harley!" He says, surprised. His eyes lit up.
"Harley dead... I killed her", I laugh.
"Well then... I guess she wouldn't mind me leaking the footage that I acquired from the early morning in cell 0087 of Arkham Asylum." He says, grinning manically.

That was when.... when Harley was kissing me. That awful, awful experience.
"What wasn't what it looked like..." I began.
"Don't tell me that... tell Miss Wayne! I bet she'll need more reassurance than I do! Her little heart it going to be shattered! I'm guess what... I'll be the one to fix it. I wouldn't mind having that little minx-"
I lunge forward and grab him by the collar. I feel the cold steel of a gun on the side of my head so I let go and sit back down.
"I'll make you an offer, such we're such close friends Jokey... pay me £2 million right now and I'll burn this little tape", he says, readjusting his collar.
"Whatever." I say. I'd do anything for him to get rid of that tape. Y/n can't see it. It would break her.

I write a cheque and hand it to him. Luckily, I'd just robbed a bank so I had quite a lot of money to spare.
"Consider it burnt", he said laughing. I got up and left. Somehow, it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. That tape destroyed, and going back to have dinner with the love of my life. I drove into the driveway, and walked through the door.

"Y/n!" I call cheerfully. I missed her, even being away from her for just over an hour. No reply.

I walk into the living room, and see her sat on the coach. She didn't turn to look at me. Her face was tear stained, her makeup run down her face. Her eyes stared at the paused image on the tv. As I look at it, I recognised it immediately. It was Harley sat on my lap, kissing me passionately, in the cell of Arkham Asylum. The imagine showed her hands running through my hair and my hands on her ass roughly. It looked really really sexual, I must admit, even though nothing happened, and I didn't even want to do it in the first place.

That little British Penguin freak...