Eleven...

You followed him into the warehouse.

"I'm going to bed", he grumbled, while walking up the spiral staircase.
"Erm... okay", you reply, confused.
Why was he suddenly so angry. It's like all the kindness had been sucked out of him. Was he only capable of making one nice comment per day?

You crawled back into the couch, getting under the warm blankets. You slowly drifted to sleep.

When you woke up, you decided to go upstairs to see the joker. You wandered into his bedroom. You see this his bed is empty. You walked outside and realised that his car was gone. You guessed that he wasn't coming back within the next few hours.

You got bored of watching tv quickly, and decided to take a walk. You walked into the woodland, around the warehouse. There were no other building or people to be seen for miles. In fear of getting lost, you turned back around after about 20 minutes. It was midday, and you didn't want to be out after dark. There was something spooky about this area. You'd never even heard of it before.

As you came closer to the warehouse, you saw that the jokers car was parked outside. You felt your eyes light up and you rushed to get back. Why were you excited to see him?

As you walked through the door, strong hands grabbed you by the collar and pulled you through the door, and pushed you against the wall. You looked into the jokers angry eyes as he loosened his grip on you, realising who you were.
"Where the hell were you?" He growled. He was being very intimidating.
"I-I went for a walk". You stuttered. His hands were hurting your neck.
"You can't just leave, y/n... it's dangerous".
"But you left..."
"I don't care. Don't ever leave without me again. It's dangerous in this area. Hundreds of criminals live out here. It's a kind of hideout area. You could've been killed by anybody out there in that forest." He said, less angry now.

You nodded quickly and he let you go altogether. He turned his back from you and stepped away.
"I'm sorry". He whispered as he walked into the kitchen.
You followed him, silently.
He sat in a bar stool and turned to you.
"I don't want to lose you to anybody, okay?" He grumbled.
You just look at him.
"Penguin lives about a mile north from here, his men are out sometimes and they wouldn't hesitate to kidnap you." He carried on. "And the riddler lives a couple miles south west of here... and he's well known for holding people to ransom..." he trailed off. His eyes looked pained.

You stayed silent. You were still shaken up from how hard he grabbed you. You sat down on the stool next to him and faced him. Your knees were in between his. You leant forward and put a hand on his thigh. You looked into his eyes and smiled.

After a second, somebody knocked on the door. The joker stood up slowly and went to open it. You listened.
"Hey boss", A voice said.
You heard a group of people walk through the hall and into the living room. Slowly, you followed them. You looked in the door. About 10 men were sat on the couches and stood around the room. The joker was stood up, giving them some kind of speech.

The man sat closest to you turned to look at you.
"Who's this pretty lady?" He asked in a gruff voice, making you cringe.
The joker gestured for you to go and stand next to him, and you did so. He put an arm around your shoulder.
"This pretty lady is y/n Wayne, and she's staying with me for a while." He says, smiling at you.
All of the men stared at you and it made you self conscious.

You went round and shook their hands individually. They scared the hell out of you. You went into the kitchen and sat at the breakfast bar on your own. You couldn't hear what they were talking about, but you guessed it was about business.

After about half an hour, the joker walked into the kitchen. The men still hadn't left.
"I'm sorry but they're going to be staying here for a while too, until we finish the job". He said apologetically. He was standing directly behind you.

"Where will they be sleeping?" You asked, knowing that there was only one bedroom, and that was the jokers.
"They have blow up mattress things and they'll be using the couches". He says.
"But what about m-"
"You will be sleeping in my room, until they leave". He says.

You turn around and meet his eye.
"Really?" You ask.
"Sure, I wouldn't want ya down here with these". He laughs.

He then turns and goes back into the living room with the men. You sit in the stool for a while longer, before going back into the living room. You sat down on a cushion that was in the corner and just listened to their conversations. The men kept glancing at you.

You heard the joker refer to them as "his men" so you guessed that they worked for him. They were all dressed in suits, and looked about 20-30 years old. They all looked quite rough, like a typical criminal, which you guess they were.

The joker was by far that most likeable out of all of them, you thought to yourself. He was better looking than them all, even with clown makeup.