cscoop x nb!reader | sk8r boi

cscoop
fluff
he was a boy, a skater boy, with his eyes after a preppy girl until....
(a/n, this is kind of a songfic and shit so there y'all go.)
word count: 822
—————
He was a boy, she was a girl
Can I make it any more obvious?

Cooper had a crush, to put it simply. It was quite obvious to his friends, too. It was so obvious that it was annoying. He tried to not seem sappy, but he failed at that.

He was a punk, she did ballet
What more can I say?

He was dubbed a punk, a delinquent, by many. Mostly because he was a skater. He spent his days at the skate park if it was nice, when it wasn't, he was smoking weed and playing games.

The girl he likes, she was a prep. She took ballet for 11 years, she's 16 now. Not much too it. She was a goody-goody, never did anything bad.

He wanted her, she'd never tell
Secretly she wanted him as well
But all of her friends stuck up their nose
They had a problem with his baggy clothes

They've both expressed their interest in each other. Not publicly, of course. They've had their run-ins at the typical high school parties. She could never make her feelings public, her friends would complain about her reputation. Cooper's fashion sense was repulsing to them. But still, she and Cooper would stow away during parties and talk, occasionally they'd kiss.

He was a sk8er boi, she said, "See you later, boy"
He wasn't good enough for her
She had a pretty face, but her head was up in space
She needed to come back down to earth

It was the last day of school. She was graduating early. A party was thrown. Just like any other, she and Cooper found a secluded space to just talk.

"I think I love you," Cooper confessed.

She was awestruck. She knew he had feelings. But her mind was elsewhere, she would be starting college soon. She'd no longer be in California, she's be in Pennsylvania attending Ship.

"I'm sorry, Cooper, but I can't. I have to go."

She left him. His heart felt like it shattered right then and there. He felt his eyes begin to welt up as he watched her move away. That's right. She was just another pretty face among thousands on Earth.

Five years from now, she sits at home
Feeding the baby, she's all alone

21 and a single mother. Who would have thought? Graduating early was a mistake. She had been played like a deck of cards by her ex. Once he found out she was pregnant, he left.

She turns on TV, guess who she sees

She had needed groceries. The apartment was bare after having moved back to San Francisco from Shippensburg. She loaded up her dear son into his carseat and set off.

Driving, she wasn't expecting to see such a familiar face. Cooper. There he was, with whom she would assume to be his friends, skating away.

She turns on TV, guess who she sees
Sk8er boi rocking up MTV

She missed her opportunity. Had she not listened to her stuck up friends, maybe she wouldn't be where she's at. She loved her son, but she wished she didn't have him so young.

She pulled over to a curb. What would it hurt to just say hi? Unbuckling her son, she made her way to him.

He looked up, noticing her presence.

"Hi," she said bashfully. "Been some time, huh, Cooper?"

"Yea, five years I guess," he rubbed his neck.

A smaller figure skated up towards the duo, their appearance looked nothing close to binary.

"Hey, Coop, who's this?" Their voice was high, but deep. Androgynous, would be the word.

"Oh, Y/n, this is G/n. I went to high school with her. G/n, this is my partner, Y/n," Cooper introduced.

She felt a pang in her chest. She lost her chance back in high school.

Sorry, girl, but you missed out
Well, tough luck, that boy's mine now
We are more than just good friends
This is how the story ends
Too bad that you couldn't see
See the man that boy could be
There is more than meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Y/n watched as the girl from Cooper's past left. They were around when he was still feeling heartbroken from her. They helped him through it.

"She missed out, y'know."

The blonde looked down at the h/c being.

"You're great. We started out as friends and now we're more than that. It's a shame she couldn't see past your delinquent exterior, Coopie. You've got a heart of gold and a warm soul," they looked up at him. "I love you, skater boy."

Cooper smiled, "You're a dork, and I love you too."

The taller leaned down and placed a chaste kiss on his partner's lips. He was heartbroken before, but now he was happy. He couldn't ask for anything more in life at this stage.