slimecicle x nb!reader | pink teddy bears

slimecicle
slight angst into fluff
charlie has been your best friend for years. he's the one who comforts you when you find out that your ex cheated on you.
word count: 872
—————

"Are you fucking kidding me?!"

"Y/n, it's not what it looks like, I swe-"

"Not what it looks like? Not what it looks like!? Then what does it look like? To me, Garret, it looks like you were having sex with some whore in my bed!"

He didn't say anything.

"Fuck you. Get out of my apartment. I don't want to see your cheating ass ever again."

"Y/n/n-"

They were furious, angry tears flowing from their eyes, "No. I don't want to hear it. Get the fuck out, and take your slut with you."

Currently, Y/n and Charlie were unloading boxes of stuff from Y/n's apartment that either belonged to their ex or things he gave them.

"I'll get some wood and start up the fire, okay?"

Y/n looked over at Charlie and gave him a nod. Tears were still occasionally falling from their eyes, to which they wiped away using the sleeve of Charlie's hoodie.

It wasn't long before Charlie had built the bonfire up. He made his way to his friend, giving them a warm embrace for comfort.

"What do you say we burn some shit, hm?"

Y/n couldn't help but laugh. Charlie always knew what to say to make them giggle.

There were three boxes. One contained clothes, another contained shoes, and the third contained gifts.

The first to go were the clothes.

"Who the hell wears this shit?" Charlie gave a disgusted look as he held up an expensive looking shirt.

"Fuckers who cheat," Y/n said as they tossed a handful of athletic shorts into the flames. "I can't believe I was with someone who spent so much money on a single plain colored shirt."

Charlie chuckled, "I more baffled at how many of the same shirt there is."

Y/n laughed as they tore up the empty box and tossed it in as well.

"Can you even burn shoes?"

Charlie's fave twisted into a maniacal grin, "There's only one way to find out!"

"Charlie, no!" Y/n screeched through their laughter, but that didn't stop Charlie. He began to through shoe after shoe into the flames.

After the entire box was emptied, Charlie stood proud with his hands on his hips. "I can now conclude that you can, in fact, burn shoes."

"Jesus Christ, Charlie," Y/n sighed, throwing in another empty box.

They went over to the final box. They hesitated on opening it for a minute before finally doing so.

"Fuck it," they said as they picked up the entire box and tossed it into the flames.

"Holy fuck!" Charlie's voice rose as did the flames that consumed the box of items that were gifted to Y/n by their ex.

"Fuck that bitch," they said, tears beginning to fall again.

Charlie saw this and went over to them, pulling the, into another embrace as they broke down completely.

He stroked their hair as they cried and uttered nonsensical words, his own heart breaking at the sight. He hated to see them upset.

Gently, he pulled away and made Y/n make eye contact with him, a soft smile on his face.

Charlie laughed nervously, "Would now be a bad to to tell you that I'm in love with you?"

Y/n smiled slightly, once again wiping their tears away using the sleeves of Charlie's hoodie. "No, Charlie. It's the perfect time, actually."

Charlie smiled, "Come here! I have something for you."

Y/n looked at Charlie with a quizzical expression as the male grabbed a bag out of the backseat of his car.

"What is that, Charlie? I swear to god if-"

"Just open it, dummy, you'll like it," Charlie seemed ecstatic, his eyes almost sparkling.

Y/n hesitated only slightly before pulling out a pink teddy bear from the bag. They found themself crying again, but not over some prick this time.

"W-woah, hey, hey. Don't cry, Y/n," Charlie seemed frantic, not wanting to be the cause of any sadness brought onto Y/n.

"N-no, Charlie, these are happy tears," Y/n said, a large smile plastered on their face.

Charlie relaxed a bit before smiling again, "Well then, Y/n, what do you say?"

"About what?"

Charlie deadpanned. If the anime sweat drop were real, Charlie would be the king of that right now.

He rolled his eyes and took the hands of Y/n. He towered over them, but neither of them seemed bothered by that.

"Y/n," he sighed, his eyes soft and loving, "would you be my partner?"

They smiled, standing on the tips of their toes, meeting Charlie halfway for a small kiss.

"Of course, Charlie."

"Hell yea! Let's rub it in the bitch's face that you've got a hotter and funnier boyfriend now," he grinned as he ran to his car.

"Charlie! The fire!"

"Oh fuCK!"

Y/n realized that Charlie was truly the one for them. From the way he could make them laugh in any situation, to all the crazy things they'd get dragged into with him and the rest of the Lunch Club, they were happy to be with it all.

And that first bear gifted by Charlie was the only the beginning.