jschlatt x male! reader | tinder song

jschlatt
fluff, maybe slight angst? idk what to call it
y/n, a streamer and songwriter/producer, unveils his latest on stream
word count: 2405
—————
Jschlatt's POV
Ping!
ʏ/ᴛ/ɴ ɪs ʟɪᴠᴇ! ɴᴇᴡ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ sᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴊᴏɪɴ

I looked at my phone and immediately loaded up Twitch on my computer. I'd been eagerly waiting to hear Y/t/n's music, the finished product, that is. I had been on call with him plenty of times while he was writing and composing.

On screen right now was his "stream starting soon" image. It was a beautiful sunset with fanart fading in and out in the corner. His fans were very talented. Along with his starting screen, he had some soft, lofi piano music playing.

It wasn't long before he showed up. His facecam popped up first. His room was a purple-pink color from the LEDs.

"Hello, chat, How are we tonight?" He had a beanie on that covered his hair completely, accompanied by white t-shirt under a pink devil face printed button down.

A series of answers exploded in his chat. Most of them being positive answers.

He pulled off his beanie, revealing his hair. "Do you guys like it? I got it cut and dyed it again."

jschlatt: you're going to fry your hair with how often you color it

I chuckled at his expression. He had on this angry pout. His eyes were narrowed and his nose scrunched.

"I take care of my hair, Schlatt. I do!"

Y/n's POV
Goddamn, Schlatt's in my stream. Understandable that he is, he was on call with me most times when I was making this damn song. I just hope he doesn't find out I wrote it because of him.

I was nervous because of that. Before him, I didn't know I could fall in love again. He's just a nice guy and all, shit'll be awkward if he finds out.

I looked at chat only to see them blowing up about Schlatt being here and the fact that I'm clearly stalling on debuting this song.

"Okay, okay," I chuckled, hoping the nervousness wasn't being picked up on. "I'll start, Jesus Christ."

I pulled up the audio file and set it to play. The tune was a chill tempo, very relaxing.

Like how I am around Schlatt, relaxed, most times.

"Sometimes I find myself thinking of you,"

I looked at chat for a second, seeing a bunch of praises and poggers.

"Then I feel stupid, but what can I do?"

Stupid, that's how I felt now, singing this song with Schlatt here to witness.

"I can't let my heart give in-"

Jschlatt's POV
He's a great singer, that's for sure. He's always been that way for as long as I've known him.

"We could have been something but I blocked you too,"

As he's singing this, I've noticed he's trying to hold back some tears. I assume it's a super personal topic for him.

"Swiped to the right 'cause I thought you were cute,"

Y/n's POV
I was mostly fine up until now with singing. Sure, I was holding back tears, but that happens when I put my heart into my work. I was mainly worried about this next part of the verse, I'm basically admitting that this song is about a boy. I've never let anyone know that I'm (gay/bi).