4.3、記憶 // memory

✞ ✰ ✞

✞ ✰ ✞

"Congratulations on becoming the council president." a female voice came from the entrance. Minamoto looked up from his phone at the source. Mizuki stood there, clad in black, a scythe in hand. He frowned upon spotting the glowing soul in her palms.

"Did you come back from another job?" he asked as he looked up at her to meet her eyes. She nodded her head with a hum and went to lean on the window ledge. She silently swallowed the soul as her scythe disintegrated and disappeared.

"I... This one was... a friend of mine." she quietly muttered out, seeming a bit lost in thought. Minamoto's eyes went wide, but soon filled with understanding.

He stood up from his desk and walked over to her.

"You know it was inevitable. Those who must die, must die." he softly said as she hummed. They suddenly sensed another presence in the room.

Click!

"Eh?" Mizuki mouthed as she curiously looked at the girl-- wait maybe a boy?

"You two look good together." he smiled as he handed them a photograph. The boy was very small and timid. He looked like a girl, but his voice was undoubtedly a boy's. He simply left after handing them the picture.

"We look good together? What does that mean?" she curiously looked at Teru. He simply gave her a closed-eyes smile.

"It just means you look beautiful." he said. She felt her heart skip a beat. She looked at him with wide eyes, realizing what was happening to her feelings, realizing what had changed in her.

She blushed as she averted her eyes, mumbling a thanks.

And that's when Yashiro woke up.

"Oh, you're awake."

Mitsuba took their photo ;3

✞ ✰ ✞