Quidditch games and Quidditch crushes (S. Black)

════ ⋆ ♥ ⋆ ════

════ ⋆ ♥ ⋆ ════

"Nice game, Black! So sad you didn't win, though." I mocked the tall Gryffindor as he hovered a few feet above me.

The game had ended and the crowd exploded into applause. The game had been won 310 to 270 with the better team, aka the Hufflepuffs, winning.

I was walking to the changing room with my broom in hand, but I just couldn't not tease Black after we had won.

I was a keeper and I had successfully blocked almost all of the quaffles hit by Sirius (and also some other chasers) and I was beyond proud. I had pretty much earned the right to tease him.

Sirius mounted off his broom in front of me bringing me to a halt. "Oh really, Walters?" He raised an eyebrow clearly annoyed, "I bet I can beat you in an one on one easily."

"Is that a challenge?" He may be competitive but Helga knows I am not any less.

"If you say so." His eyes turn a shade darker and the one end of his lips turn upwards in a egotistic smirk.

"Great then. See you at six on the pitch tomorrow." I put my hands in my robe pockets and start walking away.

Something tells me that this was going to be fun.

"Get ready to lose." he shouted as he sprinted away to his friends.

Oh we'll see.

+++++++

Dinner went slower than ever. My right foot kept shaking which caused my orange juice to spill over.

My friends gave me an odd look and I sheepishly cleaned the mess up with a flick of my wand.

I checked my watch. Quarter to six. I glanced over at the Gryffindor table. Turns out I wasn't the only distracted one.

Sirius met my eyes giving me a wink along with a sly smirk. I shot an innocent smile right back to show I wasn't affected.

Oh trust me, I was very much affected, though. Black made me weak in the knees but he didn't need to know that. It'd just make his ego expand more than ever.

"Your ears are pink, Vanya."

"Huh?" I turned around to face my best friend, Eshia. She was also in fifth year like me but much more mature.

"Stop drooling over Black, you idiot." She said rolling her eyes.

"I'm not!" I protested but she knew about the entire crushing on Sirius thing so it was no use hiding anything.

I glanced one last time at the Marauders (It was quite a odd name but what did I know boys confused me more than the bermuda triangle). But he was nowhere to be seen. Had he left already?

I checked my watch again.

6:03

Bloody hell! I was late!

I took one last bite of the delicious apple porridge and gulped down some juice.

I grabbed my broom which lay patiently beside me. It was a Nimbus 1100 and my mom had gifted it to me for my birthday. It was a bit wonky but much better than my old beginners one.

I was quidditch obssessed from birth so it wasn't a surprise when I went flying after a meal. So I didn't need to explain myself to my friends. Everyone knows rumours spread like fire at Hogwarts.

I turned around ready to leave when Eshia pulled me down by grabbing my wrist and whispered, "I need the deets."

It was my turn to roll my eyes. I straightened up my robes. "There's gonna be no deets," I said stressing
on the no.
++++

"Vanya Ambrose Walters, you are exactly seven minutes late. I was thinking you chickened out." Said the boy casually a wall when he saw me approaching as he leaned against a wall.

"A queen is never late. Others are simply early." I smiled teasingly and mounted my new broom to warm up

"Sure.." Sirius took out a quaffle. And the game started before you could say quidditch.

We had decided to end it at 120. Currently it was me being at 80 and him 110.

I was getting frustrated by the moment. I couldn't just let him win against me!!

The quaffle was nowhere to be found. But just as I was looking around I heard a great whoosh near my left ear whoch was followed by a chuckle.

I turned back. It had gone right through my hoop.

I groaned.

I zoomed towards the laughing boy but lost my control as a harsh wind made me loose my balance. And before I knew it I had tumbled on top of a flabbergasted Black.

"Uh-I.." The sudden closeness to Black left me so awkward that I coudn't even form a sentence. Damn your bloody perfume and bloody handsomeness, Black! "..Uhm-good game?" I muttered.

My flustering made the darn boy chuckle more. "Walters, if you just want to tell me you have fallen for me, you don't have to be so expressive."

I rolled my eyes again (And apparently I was doing it a lot, often).

I got up quickly and brushed dust from my clothes.

Sirius got up too and we shook hands to signify the end of the match.

He put his hands in his pockets and asked "So, you agree I'm better at Quidditch than you?"

"No. I guess today was your lucky day."

"Ah okay." He raised his eyebrows and nodded as if the whole world had started to make sense.

I smiled mockingly sweetly in response.

He ran his hand through his hair, "You know what else I might have won today, Vanya?"

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Your heart." he says and winks.

I let out a chuckle thrown off by his words, "You're such an idiot, Sirius."

I got on my tippy toes and leaned up towards him, ready to kiss his lips. Noticing my actions, Sirius leaned down too with a small smile. He closed his eyes waiting for me to close the distance.

I refused and kissed his cheek amd went back to my normal position with a grin.

Sirius, quite confused, instantly opened his eyes at the touch. His lips parted in slightly dissapointment and he stood up straighter.

"Aww, what happened Black. Where you expecting something else?" I cooed which easily made him irritated.

"Ye-no!" His reddened face contradicted the words that left his mouth.

"Oh. Did I just make the great playboy, keeper of a thousand hearts aka Sirius Black blush?"

He straightened up his tie and gave no response except an annoyed look.

I picked up my not so great anymore Nimbus 1100 from the ground, "We should head back. Its getting dark."

"Yeah we will. Right after I do this." Black dropped his broom, earning a confused look from me.

"Do wha-" I was interrupted by Sirius Black crashing his lips against mine. Without any hesitation, I melted into the passionate kiss. His tongue swept against my bottom lip and he bit it slightly to tease me. I just mentally rolled my eyes and kissed him harder.

Maybe I did have some deets, Eshia.