Untitled Part 2

“I have to go tell-“

“No”

“Just let me call them”

“Hurry up” I reached in my pocket.

“Oh I don’t have my- It’ll only take a-“ I stopped looking up to him holding his own phone out.

“Thank you” I said taking it and unlocking it the password screen popping up.

“3172” he said before I could ask,

“What does that stand for?” I asked, he stared at me for a minute, before his eyes somehow softened.

“That’s the night my parents died. I blinked in surprise at how much pain filled his eyes.

“I’m sorry” I whispered, not able to stop myself from hugging him. I wrapped my arms around him and felt him stiffed and his stomach muscles flex. He smelled really good, he awkwardly patted my shoulder blade rather rough, I pulled away, he was staring at me in shock. I ignored it,  and clicked the numbers in, and then went to the key pad and dialed Elise’s number. She answered on the second ring.

“Hello?” she questionably.

“Hey its me”

“Carter? Whose phone are you o-“

“Doesn’t matter, I have to take off the rest of the night” I said awaiting her answer.

“Why?”

“Uh, an emergency came up”

“Is everything o-“

“Yeah fine thanks” I said and hung up, I locked it back and held it out. His eyes were locked on something across the street.

“um, Gage” I said poking the phone to his bicep. His head snapped to me, he looked me over quickly before taking the phone.

He took me to his brand new 2015 mustang that was sleek black and opened the door for me. I stood there in shock and looked up at him.

“Are you okay?”

“Y-yeah” I said sliding in. He closed it and went around to the driver’s side. He got in, I was surprised he actually fit in the car. He started his car up loudly causing nearby people to stare as he pulled out and then got on the freeway taking it at 90 even though the speed limit was 70. But who am I to judge, I took it at 130 all the time.

“Thank you” I said after a while, he just gave me a short nod.

“How did you know my name?” he asked me.

“You go to my college” I informed him “People talk about you a lot” I added without thinking.

“And you believe everything they tell you?” he said venomously I cringed.

“No”

“Why not?”

“Because you’re different”

“how?”

“I don’t base my opinions of people off what I’m told, I base them off what I’m shown. You’ve shown me you’re different” He looked over at me.

“how?”

“You’re supposed to be dangerous and a player and you’re not supposed to smile or talk” I paused for a minute.

“And you’re dangerous and probably a player, but you’ve smiled at me four times” I added.

“You counted?” he asked me giving me a mischievous grin.