Untitled Part 5

“Mr. De ’Marcos” the woman at the front desk said her eyes widened. She was blonde and in a lot cut sweater typing away on a computer.

“Who is she?” she asked her face twisting in anger.

“This is my girlfriend Carter” he introduced.

“Girlfriend?” she said loudly.

“Girlfriend?” I echoed.

“Yes” he said.

“But-But she’s-She isn’t pretty!” she said standing up throwing her hands out to me.

“Well I’m sure you’re quite the panty-dropper yourself” I said sarcastically.

“I think she’s prettier than you” the blonde form last night came through a door labeled Fighters.

“W-What?” she sputtered out “But Eric!”

I stifled a laugh at the pure horror on her face.

“We’re leaving” Gage said taking me hand and leading me through the door Eric was still standing in.

“I’m not your girlfriend” I said once the doors were closed and we were in a small dark hallway.

“I know that, but she didn’t”

“Yeah Gage doesn’t exactly do girlfriends”

“I mean he does other peoples girlfriends, but like not his own” he corrected.

“Shut the fuck up Eric” Gage snarled I heard a loud smack.

“Mother of fuck, shit that fucking-“

“I said shut the fuck up!” Gage boomed making him shut up and probably cry in silence.

“Do you want to look around?” he asked me, I nodded, and he gave Eric a rough shove and a sickening thud was heard as he hit the wall, I winced knowing that hurt a lot.

“This is the before match locker room” he said pulling me in a locker room, it was large, and dark blue lockers lined half of the room. The paint was faded and peeling, and some of the lockers were broken, the rest of the room was lined with mirrors, some were broken and dirty. There were weights leaning against them, and in the middle was a large mat.

On the right side of the room had punching bags clipped up. It smelled like sweat and rubber in here. I knew this smell I used to watch Cameron train.

“Then we leave for the ring” he told me leading me out into a larger hallway that was dim. He pulled me down it until it opened up into a large circular room with a ring in the middle, and wooden, old bleachers almost.

He lifted me up making me squeal and set me in the ring and he followed jumping over the chains. I could see old blood stains here.

“Are you good?” I asked.

“The best” he replied flashing me a grin that made my mind go completely blank.

“Cocky are we?” I teased.

“Maybe a little” I ran my hand along the cold chains and looked around turning in a circle. There were posters of fights on the walls, and trophies. All the seats were empty, the lights were bright. I stopped when Gage came into my view, I had to look up at him, since he was so big.

He was just watching me “Hi” I said awkwardly.

“Hi” he replied smiling at me. Even though his face was bruised and he had stiches, his smile was still the greatest thing I have ever seen. And all the imperfections made it absolutely perfect, I had to smile back.