Untitled Part 9

“Tell. Me. Everything.” Lacey demanded the second I stepped into our room.

“Hello to you too” I muttered.

“Are you guys together?”

“Yes”

She squealed loudly “Tell me everything, now!”

“What do you want to know”

“Tell me how amazing he is in bed, I have heard some things about that man Carter”

“I don’t know”

“You haven’t fucked him yet?”

“No”

“Why not?”

“I don’t know”

“Have you at least caked around?”

“No, Lacey”

“Oh my god what are you in fourth grade? Why aren’t you at his place?”

“I have class tomorrow?”

“Why didn’t you come to work on Saturday?”

“I was busy”

“With Gage?”

“No, I went to see my grandparents” she froze for a minute.

“But I thought…” she looked confused and curious.

“I thought you promised to never see them again”

“I cheated”

“What have you been doing all day?”

“I’ve been at Gage’s” I replied going to my room only to have her follow.

“Doing what?”

“I don’t know, we’ve been talking and watching movies, and making blanket forts and eating”

“He sounds so cute, can I have him when you’re done” I looked at her raising an eyebrow.

“Right, totally inaprop, gotcha”

“So what’s he like, I mean I know he’s all dark and mysterious and he never talks so how do you handle the silence?”

“He talks to me”

“Really?”

“and he’s not dark or mysterious”

“Have you gone on an official date yet?”

“We went to breakfast, and build a bear”

“that’s so cute” she said,

“I’m taking a shower” i said going into the bathroom of course I was asked question after question while in the shower and then later on that night until we had to go to work.  Then she got distracted with dancing on the bar and I was trying to get into my normal rhythm of pouring shots with a broken hand.

*****************                                                                                  

I laid my head on the table listening to the constant chatter, I had a five alarm migraine and I had to sit through 3 more classes. Gage and I had gotten more official over the next few weeks. He took me out whenever he could, or called me at 3 in the morning asking me what I was doing, or what I was thinking about, if I wasn’t already at his place. I learned a lot of things about Gage, not from asking him but from observation. Gage never gave open information about himself to me unless I directly asked him, and even then it would be a short answer, and I would have to pry the explanation out of him.