Untitled Part 4

“Carter!” Stephanie said, “Oh you brought a boy, who’s the cutie?” she asked her eyes raking over him. I didn’t like the anger settling in my stomach. That and my feelings need to leave.

“This is Gage” I said taking his hand, he jumped a little and I squeezed his hand.

“The usual honey?” she asked.

“two” I said and took him to my usual table in the back.

“why do you like pizza for breakfast?” he asked.

“Why don’t you like pizza for breakfast” I replied, he rolled his eyes.

I stared in shock “Where did your pizza go?” I asked in awe, he leaned back.

“It’s gone”

“Gage, that was a whole personal deep dish pizza”

“I know”

“You just…” he ate the whole damn thing in I shit you not 7 minutes.

“well you’re going to have to wait while I finish mine”

“I may another one” he said and got up to go talk to Stephanie. He got a large and ate it all in the time I ate my first piece of my small. I’m going to have to adjust to his eating habits, oh my god.

“So I’m taking it you liked it?” I asked between bites of amazing pizza.

“It was really fucking good”

“Where are we going after this?” I asked taking a sip of my chocolate milk. Yes chocolate milk and pizza, don’t knock it, till you try it.

“Well I figured we could stop by some of your favorite places” he said shrugging as Stephanie came by and set another pizza in front of him, my eyes almost popped out of my head.

“Here you go hun” he said patting his rather large shoulder, he stiffened with the contact, and she gave him a  wink and left. He murderously glared after her before shaking his head and returning his attention to his pizza. I watched him start to eat.

His eyes would flick up from time to time, almost like he expected someone to take his food. He ate quickly barely chewing. I had seen people eat like this before. Cole used to, Cameron best friend practically my brother. His parents were shit parents so he was always over at my house.

“Gage?” I said pushing my now empty plate back, when he was finished.

“Yes”

“Have you ever been to prison” he shifted uncomfortably.

“That’s a pretty random question”

“So yes?”

He cleared his throat and studied me for a moment. “I have”

“Why?”

“I beat the shit out of a former friend” Should’ve known. He is a fighter.

“What did he do to you?”

“He opened his big ass fucking mouth about my fucking parents and he paid for it” he told me, he really needs to work on his language.

“Okay” he stared at me incredulously.

“That’s it?”

“yeah?”

“I just told you I went to prison for damn near killing a man, and you say okay?”

“Did you want me to say something else?”

“No, you just, you always seem to surprise me” he said shaking his head.