Untitled Part 15

. Gage was on the couch leaning over his elbows on his knees, his hands fisted in his hair, he turned to me immediately and stood up.

“Where have you been?” he asked me and came forward crushing me in a hug.

“Gage” I said trying to breathe, tapping his arm so he knew to let me go.

“I was with Alex” I answered, he stiffened and pulled away.

“Why were you with Alex?” he asked.

“He just wanted me stay over since you were really drunk” I answered.

“What happened to your hand?” he asked taking my hand gently.

“I went to go get you since you were hammered and-“

“Did I do this to you?” he asked me backing away from me.

“What? No. No, I was trying to find you and someone knocked me over and, and-“

“You were over at Alex’s because he was afraid I would hurt you” he said bitterly dropping his gaze to the floor, I bit my lip.

“Gage… you were drunk, he was just-“ he shook his head and went around me to the door walking out. I cringed at the loud slam of the door. I took a deep breath and put a load of clothes on and cleaned up around the house, washing the sheets and cleaning the bathrooms. Gage wasn’t home for dinner, I sat down with a glass of wine and studied for a little while, even though I couldn’t pay attention, I was worried about Gage. He didn’t answer any of my calls.

I eventually just took a shower and went to bed trying to sleep through the constant thunder outside. I didn’t get any sleep, I chugged a cup of coffee before carefully making my way to school, because the rain hadn’t let up through the night.

“Hey” Lacey said beaming at me as I took my seat next to her pulling my book and laptop out.

“Hey” I breathed.

“Are you okay? You look like shit” she said.

“Thanks, Lacey” I said sarcastically giving her a smile. I could always count on her to tell me straight up if I looked good or not.

“Are you and Gage fighting?” she asked uncertainly.

“Not exactly” I replied.

“What happened?” she asked.

“He left yesterday morning and I haven’t heard from him since” I explained.

“Well where is he?”

“I don’t know, he’s upset he’s probably at the gym”

“Are you going to go see him”

“He’ll come home when he’s ready” I assured her.

“Yeah but… you have to go comfort him, that’s what you’re supposed to do after a fight”

“Gage is different when he’s angry, I just let him be and when he gets over it he comes around” I said watching my professor walk in.

“At least you get make-up sex” she offered, I snorted.

“Speaking of sex” she paused.

“Here we go” I muttered.

“We have yet to talk about sex with that man, and honey I have heard some things about him in bed, I know you’re having sex because you’re hair is smoother and your skin is perfect”

“You can’t tell from that” I stated.

“Maybe not, but the hickeys and bite mark all up and down you neck, arms and thighs you try to cover up does” I always complained about the hickey and bite marks Gage lef ton me. I was always wearing my hoodie, jeans and my hair down since Gage left his mark on me in any place he felt he needed to,