Chapter 1 // Dark Room

One look, dark room meant just for you

6/16/13

 His dark hair and brown eyes was enough to tell me that I needed him. Just one look was it. I stood with my friends in the dimly lit room, watching the beautiful boy. Apparently it was his birthday. I only came because my close friend knew him. There was a lot of people there, maybe too many, but I don't think he cared. He seemed happy. He greeted people as they walked by, a bright smile on his face. His teeth were white enough to illuminate the entire room. I wished he'd notice me. I want his beautiful eyes to look at me. I want to see him smile and light the room up. 

I walked over, my heart thumping in my chest. He saw me. His smile appeared. A radiant smile for a radiant  boy. Radiant eyes for a radiant attitude. I knew then and there that I wanted him. I needed him.

"Hey," he said, his voice softer than velvet, "thanks for coming."

I felt stupid suddenly. He was so polite. He didn't even know me and he was thanking me for coming. 

"Oh. My friend invited me. I'm Charlotte." I smiled, but I know it's not nearly as amazing as his. 

"I'm Calum. It's nice to meet you, Charlotte." He stuck his hand hout for me to shake. I reached out and held his hand for a second before shaking it. "Would you like to dance?"

I was shocked when he asked me to dance, but I nodded and said yes anyways. I would never turn down an opportunity to dance with a beautiful boy like him.

He took hold of my hand and led me over to the dance floor. A slow song was playing, which I was thankful about. He pulled me close and we both swayed to the music. 

We danced for a few songs before my friend ran over, saying that it was time to go. Hesitantly, I pulled away from Calum. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to dance with him until sunrise. 

"Bye, Charlotte. I hope to see you again." His white teeth appeared again, making me smile right back.

"Of course. Goodbye, Calum." I waved, dragged away by my friend. 

I knew I'd see him again.