Chapter 3 // Light-hearted Jokes

Buttons on a coat, light-hearted jokes

Calum and I walked down the sidewalk, pressed against each other for warmth. The cold air blew on our faces, making us shiver. My coat wasn't enough to keep warm. Calum stopped me at the end of the sidewalk, turning me so I faced him. He smiled his gorgeous smile as he did up the buttons on my coat. I sent him a grateful smile. When he finished, I told him I loved him and he said it right back. We continued the walk to his apartment in silence. We held hands until we walked into the apartment room. We sat by the fireplace together, hugging each other. Calum giggled, and when I asked him what was so funny, he just kept it up for a solid minute before replying.

"Why do sticks hold on to leaves so well?" he said, staring at me with intensity.

"Why?" I asked, sensing some stupid response.

"Because they're sticky!" He started laughing again, clutching his stomach. I just rolled my eyes. He had the stupidest humor. But I loved it just like I loved him.

"I have one," I said, giggling myself. "A man walks into a bar with a giraffe. While he's having a drink the giraffe falls over. He gets up to leave and the bartender says, 'hey, you can't leave that lyin' there." The man says to the bartender, "that's not a lion, its a giraffe!"

Calum nearly suffocated himself he laughed so hard. He had to take a few minutes before calming down. 

"What is green and has wheels?" He leaned toward me, grinning like a 5 year old.

"What?" I smirked.

"Grass. I lied about the wheels." He winked and poked my sides.

I couldn't help but laugh at that one.

"What happens when a frog's car when it breaks down?" I leaned in closer. Our noses almost touched.

"Hm?"

"It gets toad."

He giggled, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"What do you call a pig that does karate?"

"Ooh! A pork chop!" I grinned and poked his cheek. He pouted.

"Hey," he whined, "that wasn't nice. You're not supposed to tell the punchline."

"Aw, baby, I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you."

"Sex?" he asked, suddenly perking up.

"Sex."