Chapter 5 // Small Talk

Smal talk, he drives

Wind whipped through my hair as Calum drove down a countryside street. The windows were down, the warm air filling the car. It was night time, but it was still lovely out.

"It's really nice out," Calum suddenly said, looking over at me, then back at the road.

"It is. It must be, like, 75 degrees out."

Calum laughed and nodded. "Yeah. Maybe."

We went silent for awhile. The road seemed to go on forever. But it was so nice out, and the scenery was so beautiful, I didn't mind.

"We should go to a diner or something. We haven't eaten dinner yet, so..." Calum shrugged. "It's up to you, but I know that there's a small restaurant a few miles ahead."

I nodded. "Eating sounds good, yeah." I didn't care what we did. I just wanted to spend forever with Calum. He had finally asked me out on a date a week before, and we were on our second date. It was lovely.

He started driving faster, trying to get there as soon as possible. It was 9:47, and most everything was shut.

We arrived at the diner and saw it closed at 10:30, so we had time to eat. The waitress took us to our table, where we sat in silence. We ordered our food, then finally started talking to each other. It was small talk, but I didn't care. I liked him so much, just being with him was enough.

He paid for our meals when we finished, then we drove back to my place.

Everytime I hung out with Calum, I found myself liking him more and more.