Chapter 8 // Look Up

He says "look up" and your shoulders brush

Calum pointed to the sky, a huge smile on his face. His shoulder brushed mine when he pointed. It sent butterflies in my stomach. Even though we'd been dating for months, it still made me excited whenever he'd touch me. 

"Look up," he whispered. I obeyed, looking up. White snow was falling. It landed on my face gently. 

I could see why it was snowing. It was freezing out. Even my thick winter coat wasn't enough to keep the cold out. I shivered. Calum offered his jacket, but I refused. I couldn't have my boyfreind dying because of my selfishness. 

But I guess it was pointless anyways. I might as well have taken the jacket.

I sat on the bench, watching as snowflakes land on my black coat, then melt within a second. Calum sat beside me, wrapping his arm around my waist. Together we looked up at the dark night sky, watching the snowflake fall. It was a beautiful sight. I rested my head against his shoulder, watching as people walked past us. 

Calum and I sat for hours in that park. The snow began to lay after half an hour. By the time we left, there was an inch or so on the ground. 

I tell people now that that was one of my favorite memories of Calum and me. They ask why and I tell them because it was innocent and simple. It was my last good memory of him. People go quiet after I say that. I think they feel bad. I feel bad, too. I miss him. 

( A/N ~ These chapters are short because it has to be. lol. The end one will probs be longer. i dunno. oh well. deal with it. )