Chapter 3

Kaname's POV

Well this sucks. I've managed to scare away two more people. At least I didn't attack them or kill them. It's been at least three months since I've last been able to drink some blood and it was getting harder to control myself. Luckily for them I managed to keep myself under control long enough for the boys to run into the room and lock themselves in there. I feel sorry for them. Shizuka's up to her no good games again.

She's an evil witch that locked me up in this cursed cabin. I tried to break her spell, but I haven't succeeded yet. She doesn't even bother to give me blood pills, so whenever people come into the cabin I end up attacking them. I make sure to never kill them, but it's already too late anyways. Once they wake up they try to run away, but the doors and windows are locked so they can't escape. The witch always comes back a few days later and then she kills them and cooks them before she eats them.

I'm a vampire, so I drink human blood, but that's completely different from killing and eating someone like a savage animal. I'm glad that I'm a pureblood or else I would've been dead from my lack of blood a long time ago. I don't think I'll be able to control myself for a while longer. I need blood, but I don't want to hurt anyone. The two newcomers have already been in that room for the entire night, so it's time for them to come out already. It's daytime right now so it's easier to keep myself from biting someone.

I go over to the room that the two twins were in and I knock on the door. I hear shuffling and a whimper behind the door. They don't say anything, so I decide to speak first.

"It's alright now. You two can come out of the room." I tell them calmly.

"How do we know that you won't attack us?" one of them asks, most likely the older one of the two.

"You don't, but I promise not to hurt you for now." I reply.

I can promise not to hurt them, but it won't last for long. I need blood soon. I'm so thirsty that it's getting harder to focus and keep myself calm. I can smell the blood from the wound on one of them and the dried blood on their clothes, and it's getting harder to resist them.

"No way. We're not coming out." he says.

"You can either step out and I won't hurt you or I'll knock the door down and hurt you. It's your choice." I tell them.

After a long pause the chairs and table move away from the door and one of them opens it. The one who opened the door was the older twin brother. He had short white hair and beautiful lavender eyes. The emotion in his eyes was anger, worry and fear. He slowly stepped out of the room and lead his little brother after him. The younger brother was identical to his older sibling, but he had longer hair and he looked weaker than the older one.

"Thank you." I tell them as I force myself to relax and not attack them then and there.

"So who are you?" the older twin asks me.

"Well that's rude. Shouldn't the guests introduce themselves first?" I reply with a smirk.

A fire of anger flashes in the eldest twins eyes at my remark. I can tell that he's the feisty type that doesn't want to obey anyone. It'll be fun to break him once I bite him.

"My name's Zero and this is my younger twin brother Ichiru." he introduces.

"I'm Kaname Kuran. Don't you two have a last name?" I reply.

"Our last name is Kiryu. Why does it matter?" Zero says.

So they're the two sons of the famous Kiryu demon hunters. I bet their parents never taught them how to be demon hunters. They did say that they wanted their family to retire from the hunter's association.