5 - Monday, October 21st

Monday, October 21st

"Hob-ah! Come for lunch. It'll be free.", Seokjin said as he pulled on his pants.

Hobi nodded as he took his shoes off. "I can't believe that place got better after I left. Talk about being unlucky."

"Do you want to come back? We could really use a hand. Kook is good at multitasking and sweet overall, but he can't cook for the sake of his life.", Seokjin spoke as he hastily put on his socks.

"Why is he working at there, though?"

Seokjin shrugged, "He has too many finances to handle – the kid doesn't open up much about it. Anyway, Irene will be joining back but from next week."

...

The crowd died down a little after the first few days but still it was running better than it used to. Jungkook was agile with his work and really adorable too. The only downside was turning down Mr. Song's creepy advances.

When Seokjin's stomach grumbled he realized it was time for his break. He texted Hoseok and waited for him to join him as he instructed the new waiter on how to handle the order process. When the bell at the door tinged, he hopped out expecting a Hobi but instead some guy entered.

The said some guy ordered just a plate of French fries so Seokjin went in to repeat the same to Jungkook. A few minutes later he served the fries to the same some guy, went back in and patted Jungkook on his shoulder.

"Uh?", Jungkook said, with his tongue a little out, as he carefully tries to place the patty on the burger.

"Are you dating anyone?"

Jungkook was clearly flustered as he shook his head.

"Hey, can I ask you something? It is okay if you don't want to answer.", Seokjin said as he sat on the counter.

Jungkook nodded.

The elder one looked around and lowered his voice, "Do you like me?"

At that Jungkook's platter fell to the ground and Jin got off the counter to help him clean.

"I see you at the church every Sunday and at 'Little Sheep' every Saturday.", he continued when the younger one didn't respond. "You could've gotten a better job, I am sure. Yet, you are here cleaning sloppy burgers off the floor."

Jungkook wrenched his palms trying to get rid of the sweat, "I am sorry if I came off as a stalker. I did see you at the church first and kind of volunteered at 'Little Sheep' to get to know you. But this job was a complete coincidence, Jin. Really!"

And, Jungkook took a step back, almost in fear, "J-Jin. Please let it be a secret. I don't want to be called names or get fired – for being, you know. I promise I won't bother you. I really need this job."

Seokjin took a second to fathom what he meant and then his heart and eyes softened as he pulled the younger one into his embrace.

"Don't worry. I won't. I actually wanted to ask you to check the guy sitting at the 3rd table.", he said as he led him to the door. "Fucking hot."

Jungkook peeked out, "Wow. Is he a model? Jin, he is wearing Gucci."

"Why would someone wearing Gucci come to our café? Anyway, maybe you should ask him out."

Jungkook sighed in relief and let out a chuckle, "He is nice, but I like you."

Seokjin smiled weakly at that, "I don't do dates or relationships. Do not latch on to me."

"So, you never dated?", Jungkook asked curiously.

"Once.", he said nonchalantly.

"And?"

"And we broke up because I had no time for a love life. I was very absorbed with my work. And, I've to be to survive in this place."

Jungkook frowned. "We'll still be friends?"

The door bell tinged again and Jin hoped it would be Hoseok. "Yep. Friends."

...

Seokjin and Hoseok settled at the table right behind the Gucci guy.

Hoseok mouthed a "Did you look at that guy?" to which Seokjin let out a deep sigh and mouthed back a "I know right. Hoooot.".

They then dug into their food when Jin said "Hob-ah, can I ask you something?"

Hobi looked up from his burger and nodded, "Yeah?"

"What do you call someone that steals fast food?"

"..."

"A hamburglar!", Seokjin squealed and burst into laughter at his own joke. Hobi tried to not laugh but gave in and joined his friend.

Then, a deep voice rang – "Bill?"

Seokjin gave the boy his bill and left to drop off the used plates. When he came back, the man left.

Seokjin hurriedly checked the tab to see if the man paid or not and stared at the amount.

He was given a tip – well, that is rare.

What else is rare?

That it was 100% of the bill amount.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Double update. Bye bye bye. 🦔