34 - Thursday, 13th February - I

Thursday, 13th February - Part 1 (4 days after their fight)

Mr. Song is dead. Funeral in the afternoon.

Irene's message was short and devoid of any emotion. Seokjin forwarded the same to Hoseok. The café was shut that day out of respect for their ex-boss.

Seokjin wore a white tee with torn blue jeans and Hoseok wore a yellow sweater with a comic character on it. They exchanged a look and nodded, like they were okay with their choice for a funeral.

The visitors at the funeral were mostly strangers. Hoseok waved to Irene with a wide smile, who was dressed in a full black attire like she was there to kill and not mourn.

"What happened?", Hoseok asked as he approached her.

She shrugged, "Can you at least pretend like you are here to mourn? Knock that smile off your face."

"You look like you are the one who killed him.", Hoseok snorted.

"I wish. But someone else got to him first.", she replied as she settled into the farthest chair.

Seokjin snapped his head at that, "What do you mean?"

Irene raised her finger asking him to shut up as she received a call. She had her finger up as she continued to talk on the phone.

Hoseok raised his eyebrow at Seokjin, who seemed worried. He then whispered to his roommate. "What does she mean someone else murdered him?"

"Maybe someone got pissed for getting too touchy and killed him?", Hoseok joked and Seokjin looked even more worried.

"Hob-ah, remember when Mr. Song went missing?", he asked.

Hoseok spared a second for thought and shook his head, "I don't think I care enough to remember that."

"It was that day when Jungkook and I wanted to poison him?"

Hoseok gasped, "You think Jungkook killed him?"

Seokjin dragged Hoseok away from Irene towards the other end, near a sturdy tree. "That kid can get really violent if he wants to."

Hoseok stared at him, "Both of us together are being stupid, aren't we?"

"Look, I know – "

"– should've killed him that day. I am surprised he lived this long.", a deep voice growled, causing goosebumps to form on Seokjin's skin.

"Taehyung-ie, be nice. Or at least speak in a low volume.", Namjoon whined.

Hoseok stared at Seokjin, who seemed to have lost the ability to speak. But their eyes said the same thing – 'Taehyung?'

......

Taehyung frowned and refused to sit down. But Namjoon dragged him towards the front row.

"Let us just show our faces and walk out.", he said as they walked out. "It'll be over soon."

Taehyung did not want to come. One, the person who died – he wanted him dead anyway. To think that his hands touched his love, pissed him off. Two, the same love of his might be here and he was afraid that if he saw him in flesh, he'd lose his breath.

Halfway through the ceremony, Taehyung spotted Seokjin and he thought he should just go lie down next to Mr. Song and cremate himself along with him.

"What the fuck.", he said, loud enough for the entire front row to stare at him.

Namjoon smiled apologetically and whispered to Taehyung, "What is wrong with you?"

"Why is he dressed like that?", Taehyung whisper-yelled at Namjoon. "This is why I told you I won't come."