40 - Thursday, 20th February

Thursday, 20th February - next day.

Seokjin heard a knock, then two and then it grew impatient. He put on his shirt and grabbed the first pants he could spot and unlocked the door.

It was Brutus.

"Is everything okay?", was the first sentence that got out of his mouth.

Brutus smiled sheepishly, "Will you come with me? Taehyung sir had a meeting in the morning, and he didn't make it to the office. I had to go check on him but – can you just come?"

By the end of his second sentence, Seokjin already grabbed his phone and wallet. Brutus muttered a thanks and drove him to the 6-guy apartment.

Seokjin stepped out and looked confused, "Why are we – "

"Same apartment.", Brutus said.

Seokjin took the stairs (the lift wasn't working – it probably wasn't even built in). It took just one knock and the door flung open.

Three guys looked up from their work to watch Seokjin. Another one was sleeping on the floor next to the couch. The one who opened the door stared at Jin like he was a specimen in a museum.

"Where's Taehyung?", Seokjin asked.

The guy silently led him to the second room and Seokjin was very aware of the other eyes following him (Taehyung would argue it was his ass they can't stop staring at).

Seokjin's eyes widened at the sight in the room. Taehyung was asleep on a mattress that was on the floor, shirtless. He rushed next to him. Sweat was plastered on his forehead – in winter.

"Taehyung-ie? Baby?", Seokjin said as he pushed his sweaty bangs back.

"What happened? Why the fuck is here?", he asked the guy standing next to him.

The guy grimaced, "He said he'll live here for a week."

"Why would he say that?", Seokjin asked. "Why is he not waking up? If you guys did anything to him, I swear to God, I am going to rip apart – "

"He doesn't sleep well. He can't make breakfast – he keeps burning it. He came last night and tried to make dinner, but the pasta got stuck to the pan and he didn't eat anything.", the guy narrated.

Seokjin didn't know if he had to laugh or yell. He managed to exhale out loudly. He gently tapped Taehyung on his shoulder, "Tae?"

Taehyung groaned but didn't wake up.

"Where is his luggage?", Seokjin asked the guy. The guy pointed at the balcony. Seokjin had to crawl on his fours to peek out – there was a stack of suitcases piled up, looking rich (Seokjin didn't know suitcases could look rich till then).

"You said one week?", said Seokjin as he picked Taehyung into his arms. "Why does he have so much luggage then?"

Brutus coughed as a way to get attention, "That's how is packs for a weekend trip. I think he went light this time."

Seokjin lips pursed, "Brutus, can you get his luggage? He is burning up. I'll take him down."

Brutus waited as Seokjin hastily put an unbuttoned shirt on Taehyung and got out of the door with him cradled in his arms.

"He doesn't drink the water either. He says it looks weird – something about the color.", the guy who was asleep on the floor woke up.

Seokjin gave him a stank face and gestured him to hold the front door open for him, "Which one of you took his shirt off?"

Everyone pointed at the one guy in the corner.

The said guy stammered under his piercing gaze, "Bec – because of the f – fever."