Part 4

Maze's POV

The following day, as the staff is cleaning up from last night and getting ready for opening tonight. I haven't seen Kris since I brought her up to her room last night. Her and I became friends in Hell. It's like one of those strange animal friendships she shows me. You wouldn't think they would get along, but they do. I feel protective of her in some ways, I suppose. I sit in one of the padded chairs slightly away from the bar where Lucifer is sitting, playing with his Pentecostal Coin.

"What is wrong with you?" I ask him, finally breaking the silence. He sighs as he grabs the floating coin from the air.

"Nothing is wrong with me." He answers. "I was hoping for sexy, salacious details, and instead I got taken on a trip down depression lane."

"Good." I say as I stand from the chair and walk over to him. "But how can you feel bad for invading her privacy when you literally crushed Kris last night? Do you feel bad about that?"

"That's different Maze." I shake my head at his answer.

"Not to me." I tell him in a stern tone of voice. "You need to talk to Kris and get that relationship figured out before you get deeper into this whole thing with the Detective." I usually don't get all touchy feely, but I don't hold things back when it comes to Kris. "And I still don't get this whole thing with the Detective, either. You're the Lord of Hell. I can't believe I am saying this, but Amenadiel is right. You are changing."

"I don't mind the odd smart-assed remark, Maze. They can be quite amusing." He says in a low volume. "But don't you dare disrespect me." He's trying to be threatening, but I don't buy it right now.

"Or what?" I challenge, crossing my arms. "You'll cry really hard on my shoulder like Kris?" I barely finish my sentence before he erupts in anger.

"You will not speak to me this way!" He shouts, eyes flaring red like fire, standing from his seat and getting really close to me.

"There he is." I whisper as I smirk. Finally a spark of the him I've always known. He just looks at me in surprise.

"How did you get into Nick's holding cell?" I hear the Detective's voice behind me. Lucifer blinks and turns to look at her.

"And there he goes." I say quietly. I'm not sure he heard me, though.

"Oh, sorry." The Detective says as I step away from Lucifer. "Am I interrupting some creepy foreplay you two have?" I would never do that to Kris. I just roll my eyes and walk behind the bar to get out of the way. "How did you get into Nick's holding cell?" I walk completely away from them to busy myself with getting the bar ready for the club opening tonight.

Kristiel's POV

I don't want to see anyone today. I have way too much to do. I have to finish editing those photos, post them, then work on and try to finish the lighting for the Mercy wings. I don't even have to leave my room. It is larger than the average apartment. I mean, Lucifer's penthouse is so much larger, but mine is cozy. There is a kitchen, and a living area, and of course the room I sleep in. Maze has been known to come in and make me lunch because she knows I get distracted with my work. She hasn't come in today, though. Probably thinking I need some space after last night. In fact, I don't want to even think about last night.

I finally get the photos finished and posted. To celebrate I turn my music up and through the speakers. I dance into my kitchen to make myself something to eat. 'Man! I Feel Like A Woman' by Shania Twain starts up and I am jamming out to it. I sing the lyrics at the top of my lungs, continuing to dance around the living space. I don't know what it is with country music about women empowerment, but I have always loved it. It makes me feel proud to be female.